Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ACCU and Front Sight Pin

alma

I was taking down my ACCU today I was surprised when my front sight fell out after removing the bushing.

I didn't see any sign of my front sight pin but luckily I had a spare. The only problem is the that when the bushing is in I can't get the front sight pin in. I can put the pin in when the bushing is out and I may be able to just using the bushing wrench to crank down on the bushing until the pin takes shape but wouldn't want to use force unless I knew that was the thing to do. Anyone have experience here?

Edited by alma

The front sight pin is not utilized with the bushing being used. The bushing is designed to retain the front sight, if the pin is installed it would cut into the threading of the bushing.

If the front sight loosens. use a light amount of locktite or make a small peen mark in the sight to tighten the fit.

Thanks Stu. I guess that explains why I couldn't find it. I will try the loctite. I have a Dawson front that has a vertical set screw under the fiber so I will remove the fiber and try to lock it down there as well.