Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many of you run more than one reloader?

bigarm

I mounted my 550 and mounted it so there is room for one more on that bench if I want it. I have built in benches in my shop and 2 of them are specifically designed for reloading or lure making, so I actually have room for others, plus a 30 foot bench/cabinets that is a little taller also. Anyway, how many of you are using more than one reloader? My wife and I do USPSA and 3 Gun, so I will start reloading 40 for me and 45 acp for her. At some point may add in .223. I will have to switch between small and large pistol primers, but don't know if that is a good enough reason to add another. Was thinking if I could find a good used Dillon at a decent price it might be worth it. But I can always spend money other ways! It might be easier to get the wife to change to 40, but she has a very nice Les Baer, so not sure that is a good thing to do.

I use a 650 and a 550. I use the 650 only for my two main competition cartridges, 38 Super and 40 S&W. Everything else I load on the 550. It's nice to have a second press, but if you are only loading two cartridges, it's not a big deal to change over. Just buy a complete second tool head and it's only a five minute job to change.

Shucks I just started reloading a year ago with my Dillon 550B and now I do 4 calibers on the one machine: 9, 40, 45ACP and 357 Sig .

My volume is not that great--maybe 10K + a year, hard to tell, the volume keeping climbing 'cause I am having so much fun.

The 357 Sig run(the first time) was a real event..what a monster to get ur hands around-finally broke the code.

Sounds like we all just do what we gotta do and we're having fun in the process. Three cheers for Freedom!

Chuck

I have two rl1050 and two xl650. The 1050s are dedicated to 9mm and 45acp. One 650 dedicated to 223. The other 650 is the utility player. I have about 8 different 650 caliber conversions to load up diff calibers of ammo on that one.

2-650's and a 550...it's definitely nice to have multiple machines going at once. If you have a big run of one ammo type going you can always throw in a small run of something else without disturbing your setup...