Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

H-S precision Rem 700 mag conversion

shopgun

I'm thinking about changing my. 700 in 7mm-08 to the H-S detatch mag system. Does anyone have any recent experiance with these? I'm particularly interested in the 10 rnd mag to use connected for MOR.any reliability issues with these? thanks , Jim Shema

I have one and don't like it. It's on Rem 700 PSS, I got it for MOR type matches. I specifically don't like that the mag doesn't drop free, that the release is inside the trigger guard, that the release is small and difficult for me to operate quickly.

I think it would be fine on a hunting rifle, if for some reason you wanted a detachable mag on a hunting gun.

I think the best reloads in MOR are currently given by the Tubb 2000 (AR-15 like mag release) or the Accuracy International Stock/Mag combo.

I added the H-S version to my Remington LTR and it works fine. Shot a local fun match yesterday, mag changes went fine, fixed 10X scope doesn't cut it for 15-20 yard run and gun. I knew that but wanted to try it for fun. Forget the 10 round mag. MOR rules allow only 5 rounds in the gun.

Respectfully, do not forget the 10 round mags. The extra length works as a good handle, allows the possibility of clamping two mags together, and lets you play other games (sniper type matches) a little easier. If I weren't so lazy I'd break out the timer and time a few reloads with the HS and the Tubb, but the difference (for me) will probably be at least a second longer with the HS.

To me, that's just too much time to give up...but I've never claimed to be entirely sane. :blink:

I personally went with the AICS for my Rem 700 based on advice that I received here and on a few other boards. Just last week I had the chance to use the HS version. Although the HS precision stuff is obviously high quality, it simply doesn't function as quickly or easily as the AICS.

Hope this helps, Craig

But, on the other hand, more toys is GOOD

Jeez, tell me about it. I bought an AICS stock last month, thinking I would put it under my PSS. Then, the more I thought about it, the PSS is a *really* sweet shooter, and I really didn't want to mess with something that wasn't broken... so I talked myself into buying a *second* PSS to put in the AICS stock. Of course, that means I'm gonna have to buy another scope, etc, etc.

Bruce (if my wife opens the Visa bill this month, there will be two really nice rifles in an estate sale next month. Oh, and a brand-new recently-vacated perfectly good HS stock, too ;-)