Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

why are witness elite limited's so rare in uspsa?

3djedi

What Angus is for CZ, Ben or somebody else can become for Tanfoglio. Get a few good gunsmiths, contract with the factory and start making competition versions of Tanfos.

Everybody wins.

Edited by Magnus DUX

That's awesome! But why is it so much more money? The elite limited is around $1100-$1200 here. Slide cuts don't cost $1000.....are there more differences?

yeah it's not directly comparable. we are a small market so pay more for stuff. taxes come into it too. but to put it in perspective I'm guessing you don't pay over $2K USD for a STI Edge with 1 mag do you?

That's awesome! But why is it so much more money? The elite limited is around $1100-$1200 here. Slide cuts don't cost $1000.....are there more differences?

yeah it's not directly comparable. we are a small market so pay more for stuff. taxes come into it too. but to put it in perspective I'm guessing you don't pay over $2K USD for a STI Edge with 1 mag do you?

Yes...sti edge is around $2000

ok then! I'll be quiet now.... :blush:

though the edge is actually ~$2400 here. so my $2K price was a bit old.

but regardless of that, what cha-lee said is correct. it's not really possible to compare pistol prices in different markets. there are just too many factors that influence the pricing of them.

TanfoUSA coming soon!

Well maybe not soon, but it's being discussed pretty hard and the guy who would head it up knows his stuff.

Discussed where?

I doubt EAA would open the flood gates.

By the time we get new importer all undecided will go to CZ [emoji83]

TanfoUSA coming soon!

Well maybe not soon, but it's being discussed pretty hard and the guy who would head it up knows his stuff.

Can you share with us where that info is coming from?

I've heard that Eric would like to move to the US and I can't imagine him coming over without bringing his business with him. I don't think this would change the Tanfo/EAA relationship in any way, but I do think you'd be able to get parts and smithing directly from Eric's US based shop.

Edited by zsavage81

I've heard that Eric would like to move to the US and I can't imagine him coming over without bringing his business with him. I don't think this would change the Tanfo/EAA relationship in any way, but I do think you'd be able to get parts and smithing directly from Eric's US based shop.

WOW, that would be huge! Where did you hear it? credible source?

Liking to move to the US and actually getting it done are two different things. As easy as it may be for Mexicans to get into the US illegally, its a lot harder then you think for a non-US resident to take up legal residence in the US. Its even harder yet to bring a non-US business into the US. Usually that kind of stuff only happens when large corporations are backing the situation.

Edited by CHA-LEE

Liking to move to the US and actually getting it done are two different things. As easy as it may be for Mexicans to get into the US illegally, its a lot harder then you think for a non-US resident to take up legal residence in the US. Its even harder yet to bring a non-US business into the US. Usually that kind of stuff only happens when large corporations are backing the situation.

Like Tanfoglio, EAA, Armscore?

Like Tanfoglio, EAA, Armscore?

I'd love to see Tanfoglio with a great supplier in the US as much as anyone, but I don't think Tanfoglio, EAA and Armscor are quite in the league CHA-LEE is talking about :sight:

Try searching Google maps for the corporate headquarters of those three, then compare it to the 40+ buildings Qualcomm owns in San Diego.

Here's EAA:

EAA_zps4c578948.jpg

Awe inspiring isn't it? :roflol:

I thought armscore was pretty big? I knew EAA was small, no idea about Tanfoglio.

That said, what would stop Eric from coming to the US (assuming he could get a visa or citizenship), and then starting a new company bringing all of his experteise with him. I'm sure it would be cost effective to buy new equipment rather than to bring over whatever he has (if he even has anything?).

I'll agree with that. I could be wrong, but I would imagine EG just farms out the machining work to a local machinist like Henning did (does?).

So if that's the case, it would just be a matter of Eric moving to the US; whether or not he needs to become a US citizen, that I don't know. My buddy's girlfriend is a citizen of the UK and has been living here on "temporary" visas for ~10 years.

Edited by kneelingatlas

I use a Limited Pro for Limited Division. I got lucky because I can get parts and support from Jim Jones at J&L Gunsmithing. I can get parts and weapons. He keeps a good supply of stuff. Jim turned me on to Tanfoglios and when I made the change I quickly watched my times drops and my accuracy go up. If you take care of the gun it will last; I know this because I beat the crap out of mine.