929 Sighting

TBear

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just called them - it's a 986. I have no words...

beat me to it.

I heard a second hand rumor 929's were supposed to start shipping in volume starting this month.

We shall see I guess.

I wish S&W would just sell them as "long block" kits... just frame, cylinder, and barrel. Just buy it and have it shipped right to the gunsmith. Production for S&W would be quicker and cheaper, and the final product would be just what the customer wanted.

I wish S&W would just sell them as "long block" kits... just frame, cylinder, and barrel. Just buy it and have it shipped right to the gunsmith. Production for S&W would be quicker and cheaper, and the final product would be just what the customer w

yes. gun is going straight to gunsmith anyways...

Just called them - it's a 986. I have no words...

beat me to it.

I heard a second hand rumor 929's were supposed to start shipping in volume starting this month.

We shall see I guess.

I hope so - was hoping to have one for the big RI Walls of Steel match at the end of August - not looking good right now...

Yeah, whats the story here?

I didnt feel like doing a trigger job and dealing with the crappy 929 internals. This trigger was the worst DA trigger I have ever felt. I had two pre-lock 627s in the safe.

All in all it was a mostly painless parts swap.

Now when I get some spare time I will do a trigger job on the 929 framed 38 Special.

Yeah, whats the story here?

I didnt feel like doing a trigger job and dealing with the crappy 929 internals. This trigger was the worst DA trigger I have ever felt. I had two pre-lock 627s in the safe.

Now when I get some spare time I will do a trigger job on the 929 framed 38 Special.

All the things I've read about putting a barrel on a revolver, I never would have guessed moving a barrel around would be less effort than an action job!

All the things I've read about putting a barrel on a revolver, I never would have guessed moving a barrel around would be less effort than an action job!

When you have the tools, it is a very simple process. Maybe 10 minutes.

Just got an in stock alert from Davidsons on these. They were out of stock when I checked 5 seconds after getting the email (I'm assuming they were allocated) but hopefully this means another batch will be hitting stores shortly.

I literally clicked the link within 3 seconds of it hitting my inbox and they were out of stock.

Edited by seanc

Just got an in stock alert from Davidsons on these. They were out of stock when I checked 5 seconds after getting the email (I'm assuming they were allocated) but hopefully this means another batch will be hitting stores shortly.

I literally clock the link within 3 seconds of it hitting my inbox and they were out of stock.

I'm assuming whatever went into stock was allocated to dealers immediately. Hopefully we'll see them hit the streets in a week or two.

All the more reason S&W should just sell the "rough kits"....

The only other one ever listed went for 1500 very early on.

I have a number in mind. A fool(me) and his money(mine) are easily parted....

edit, davidson's had them in stock this week, as peter points out they most likely all went out to dealers, so I suspect more will start showing up on GB...maybe.

Edited by seanc

edit, davidson's had them in stock this week, as peter points out they most likely all went out to dealers, so I suspect more will start showing up on GB...maybe.

I am hoping this is the case. I've got a deposit on a 627 VComp - hoping these come in first.

Local shop just got a 929, stuck my name on it and called me.

The issue:

I'm deep into the 627s and short colt. 2 guns, both Apexed, TI cylinders. One gun is a 4" pro that I'm planning a custom barrel for.

What do I do now? Buy the gun and spend the money to get it up and running? If I have 1 9mm that becomes my primary, I'll need a second for backup, or bring short colt ammo.

Buy the gun and sit on it until the brass/moonclip issue works itself out?

Stick with the 627s?

The price is fair in my opinion, so that's not a factor in this particular purchase.