Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 SP01 Shadow - Which Rear Sight Is This?

RaylanGivens

I have a CZ75 SP-01 Shadow from Automatic Accuracy and I like the rear sight that came with it. I like how the bevel on the top edge of the sight directs your eyes to the slot. Here's a picture of it on my CZ:

ShadowRearSight0698_zps4850a447.jpg

ShadowRearSight0704_zpsbdc338b7.jpg

I also have a CZ75 SP01 (Not Shadow) that I would like to get the same rear sight for. I realize the Shadow and the SP-01 have different rear sight notch locations and take different sights, but I like the bevel on the Shadow sight shown above.

Here's a picture of my SP-01 with the CZ Custom rear sight. It is very similar except for not having the bevel along the top edge of the sight.

SP01RearSight0701_zpsc1febed5.jpg

SP01RearSight0706_zps25c9a340.jpg

Does anyone know what rear sight is on my Shadow (top pictures?

Does anyone know if the same rear sight is available for a CZ75 SP01?

Bottom sight is comp rear 75, top sight is tac rear shadow. There are same sights for dovetails.

So. Comp rear 75, tac rear 75, comp rear shadow, tac rear shadow, comp rear hajo, tac rear hajo.

This is the 75 Tactical rear

http://czcustom.com/CZ-Tactical-Rear-Sight.aspx

Thanks... I assumed my Shadow would come with a competition sight, so I didn't look at any tactical sights... When I replaced the sights on my SP-01, I purchased the competition sights and thought they would be the same.

I measured the rear sight gap on the competition Shadow sight and the tactical SP-01 sight and they were both .122" wide. I would have thought the competition rear sight might be wider?

The tactical sights have a bevel up the outside edge, but that's the only difference I can see between the Tactical and Competition rear sights. Are there any other differences?

Are they are designed to use different height front sights?

After not finding a sight package I liked on my CZ75 SP01 Shadow Custom, I ended up taking the rear site and putting it in the mill. Whacked a bit off the top edge (to improve my POI/POA relationship), widen the rear notch to .145 (from .125), deepened the rear notch to .140, and chopped off the top corners. Took about two hours to get the whole thing done, but I absolutely love it now. Can't wait to get it out and shoot it.

It really surprised me that no one makes a rear sight upgrade/option for the CZ Custom, so I made my own. It's a nice sight, but it's just too tight a sight picture for most USPSA shooters I know...

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I would come back and post an update to this thread...

Started thinking about the differences between the CZ Custom Tactical and Competition rear sights... Normally my SP-01 with the Competition rear sight is my backup gun, but I did some dry firing with both guns... It seemed like the Competition rear sight had a simpler sight picture... No extra angles on the edges of the sight to attract my eyes... So... I backtracked a bit...

Ordered one of CZ Custom's Rear Competition sights for a SP-01 Shadow and installed it... I like the new sight picture better, plus my SP-01 and SP-01 Shadow now have identical sights. Just shot 1,200 rounds in a two day class and am very happy with the Competition rear sight.

i take a small hand file to mine to get the notch to .140. seems like there is always somethign to tinker with on these guns and i've never gotten two to be exactly the same. glad you found a set of sights you like!