Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Activity Reports (IOs)

Glock27

My personal choice is that our scores are on our site and you can go back at this point 9 years and see your scores! No need to search the archives or sort through dozens or hundreds of other clubs. At one point we even posted the stage diagrams. I think we need to revisit that and start doing it again.

Jim, two benefits of uploading them to USPSA is that it goes on the member's permanent record, which is nice for visitors traveling to your match once or occasionally, and we also get an official results e-mail. I can't remember the club name or town of the place in Tennessee where I shot a match 2 years ago, but if I log into USPSA it's right there in my match history. Don't have to go look for a thing (unlike Practiscore or your website). Your club/your call of course, but that's one competitor's point of view.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

80 to 100 competitors is a drop-dead disaster for a Lvl2 or higher match now. We've come a long way since my first state championship with 5 stages split over 2 days.

And it IS possible to miss a score, which is why Chris, Bilal, and I will continue to insist on paper backup. Most often happens when the last shooter on a squad shoots. Everyone is in such a hurry to get to the next stage, they just throw down the nook and run after copying the summary screen data without actually saving it.

On the newest 1.650 iOS version, there IS an accept button on the summary screen which I presume is intended for the competitor to press.

Yes. The "Next Shooter" button has been renamed and enlarged as "Accept" and is indeed intended for the SHOOTER to press after reviewing his scores. We have also dramatically increased the shooter name and stage name to lessen the likelihood of an incorrect shooter or stage being selected. The Review Button has also been enlarged to help the RO find it better as well as the DQ and DNF buttons (which have a note to notify the RM).

Computers -> VIC 20 -> C64 -> XT -> 286 Those were the days. Floppy disks everywhere!

One big problem is the growing disparity between the iOS version and Android version of PractiScore. For a while iOS lagged way behind Android but now that has flip flopped. Yes I know Russell is an employee and Eugene is a volunteer. What has been recommended to me and I'm passing along to other MDs is to run your match the way you normally would but when it comes time for posting results synch to an iOS device of your choice and then upload the web site. It's my understanding the iOS version of PractiScore generates more complete reports for uploading. I believe combined overall results are included in iOS but not Android but I'm not 100% certain. The way I do it for steel is to run the match entirely on Android tablets and only sync from the steel master tablet to my iPad. Once I have all results from the steel master I post to practiscore and then generate and email myself the activity/score report which I then upload and pay the match fee.

Combined results area available in Android, what is not available are the reports for USPSA, i.e., the web text for posting results and the activity report to get credit and upload the classifier.

The other issue is the slowness of the (my) Nooks in handling the Classification update. I've solved it by using my Samsung S4, but that is a patch. I hate to think I need to spend more money on an I-Something for this. I don't have any other Apple and don't really want any.

Maybe a decent Android tablet will handle the issues and we can call it quits? Any ideas on what Table I would want to get?

Combined results area available in Android, what is not available are the reports for USPSA, i.e., the web text for posting results and the activity report to get credit and upload the classifier.

The other issue is the slowness of the (my) Nooks in handling the Classification update. I've solved it by using my Samsung S4, but that is a patch. I hate to think I need to spend more money on an I-Something for this. I don't have any other Apple and don't really want any.

Maybe a decent Android tablet will handle the issues and we can call it quits? Any ideas on what Table I would want to get?

Just about any tablet in existence right now, really. There's other more significant factors into making a tablet unusable, at least if you're talking about using it as a scoring device.

For just a general tablet, I'd avoid any of the $70 Chinese crap. Nexus 7 is a nice tablet, and the older models are less expensive. Anything with a resistive touch screen is unpleasant to use. If it's not a scoring device, battery life isn't an overwhelming concern. Almost all modern tablets have at least 512MiB of RAM, usually a GiB, sometimes two or four GiB.

e-Readers are a special class of tablet. They're designed to have a decent battery life, so you're not recharging it every 6-7 hours of reading. To accomplish that, they use slower processors and have non-backlit screens (Glowlight is not real backlighting). Avoid an e-Reader platform, and anything you use will be fine.

Check around with your club members. Good chance somebody has an older gen device that they can't get any trade-in value on. When we went electronic scoring, I put the word out to my club's membership asking if anybody had an old iPad they weren't using anymore now that the newer gens were out and I got 2 donated.

We still use the Nooks but having an iOS for the master device has been pretty handy.

I'll ask around regarding an older Ipad. I have an s4 that I use, so that issue is not a problem, it is getting the output that the IoS system provides that I am after which means either upload to Ez or get an I-Something

Thanks all

Using an iPad with PS I haven't had to use EZWS to generate the activity file for USPSA. I had to upgrade to ver1.64 due to our ability to host multiple classifiers at a L1 match, but that's it.

When in PS, from the View Results screen, select Activity/Classifier Report and you can either email it to yourself or save it someplace like Dropbox. Because I'm a luddite and can't figure out how to upload anything from an iPad other than a picture to a website, I then switch to my Windows laptop and upload the activity report file from Dropbox to USPSA's website.

No EZWS needed when using an iOS device. I downloaded an app called iUploader but haven't taken the time to figure it out yet.

Does this new update allow you to upload from the ipad to uspsa without the ezwinscore step in the middle?

Not ezws, just a PC of some type. iOS ps generates the same activity reporting file as ezws. You just. Need to get it over to a PC, launch your browser to USPSA.org, and upload as normal. Ezws has never uploaded anything that I know of.

Hi first post here. I am the match director for a newly affiliated SCSA club in the Hudson Valley NY. We have been using Practiscore and I am really, really excited that activity reports can be generated with an iPad. When I preview the activity report I get an error message. "20 shooters have non SCSA divisions. Use the shooters menu to edit the divisions for shooters". So I went to EZ steel and copied the divisions exactly as written. I then set up a test match and received the same message for the one test shooter that I entered. So what is the correct division abbreviation or spelling and or what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Hi first post here. I am the match director for a newly affiliated SCSA club in the Hudson Valley NY. We have been using Practiscore and I am really, really excited that activity reports can be generated with an iPad. When I preview the activity report I get an error message. "20 shooters have non SCSA divisions. Use the shooters menu to edit the divisions for shooters". So I went to EZ steel and copied the divisions exactly as written. I then set up a test match and received the same message for the one test shooter that I entered. So what is the correct division abbreviation or spelling and or what am I doing wrong? Thanks.

The division names I've been using are the following:

OPN - USPSA Open type gun

ISP - USPSA limited type gun

ISR - Revolver

OSR - Open Revolver

PROD - USPSA Production

SS - Single Stack

RFPI - Rimfire Pistol

RFPO - Rimfire Pistol Open