Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What the hell? primer pick up tubes?

I made my primer tube loader and its ugly but works great. Large or small, both work without any problems. I might get one in 500 that gets flipped but I check as I load. I usually load up ahead of time and then I have a round count by the number of tubes I loaded. Takes about 20 seconds a tube & cost me about $6.

Takes about 30 seconds per 100. If you're concerned about the time then do it while the cases are tumbling.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I have over 20,000 rounds of pistol rounds through my 550B and plan on running many more through it over the years to come. Had minimal issues with my press, most of them were caused by my own stupidity, and Dillon's customers service is second to none. If you're gonna buy it from Enos get the "As it should be" package. If loading primer tubes are an issue for you you probably don't have time to reload and should just buy your ammo. I'll fill 5 tubes in about 3-5 min while watching TV. $300ish will get you one of those Auto Primer Feeders if that is worth the change to ya.

If Dillion products are arguably the most advanced reloading equipment out there, why the hell is the primer loading so archaic???

It's easy to see that if just the thought of yourself having to load primers in a Dillon machine that actually owning and using a Dillon might just push you over the proverbial edge. It's really simple, if you don;t want to load primers... don't buy a Dillon. Find another machine for which you don't have to put out the effort.

Pat