Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Soft shooting powder for 9mm 147gr plated bullets?

G19

I have some IMR SR7625, which I'd love to get more of, but in this market beggars can't be choosers, so I'm trying to figure out what other powders would yield soft shooting rounds. This will be paired with 147gr Xtreme plated bullets.

we love red dot and load 9mm 147 JHP and 147 Plated RN at 3.3gn 1.13 oal. very soft easy recoil. to make PF we use 3.5-3.6 133PF. Green dot seems to perform the same but havnt had issues getting red dot. All shooting from G17 and M&P pro.

I can't find any load data for Red Dot 9mm. I shoot 124 BBI's moly coated lead, I don't have access to a chrono to tell if I'm even making PF.

Tom - We don't use moly anymore. It's the Hi-Tek coating. There should no difference in charge weights though.

I can't find any load data for Red Dot 9mm. I shoot 124 BBI's moly coated lead, I don't have access to a chrono to tell if I'm even making PF.

Tom - We don't use moly anymore. It's the Hi-Tek coating. There should no difference in charge weights though.

I have shot both of Chandlers versions - both are excellent. Fastest shipper in the business.

I've been using WSF with 147 plated for years.... soft recoil, excellent functioning, clean burning, and accurate. Love it. Can't find it. Been playing with True Blue recently, same bullet. Seems to have a similar burn rate. Accuracy and recoil about the same as my 'pet' WSF load. Haven't chroned it yet, but I could get to like True Blue.

HP38/231 were my second choices for 9mm 147. Longshot also works well. Can't find any of those either.

Edited by GOF

Wish I could find some True Blue... been looking for it for about 3 years. I do have Silhouette though which has proved to be a very good all around powder to me, but still want to experiment with True Blue.