Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Google glass, walkthroughs, and IPSC 8.7.2

Skydiver

But you don't actually "sight" through the Google Glass. It's at the top of your field of view.

You may be able to argue semantics...but IMO, the spirit and intent of the rule is clear. You get a walkthrough with your hands, that is it.

I wonder if this has been clarified on GV ?

Spirit and intent mean nothing if it's not put exactly into writing. Otherwise it does not exist.

Stby for drones before the match starts

I am going back to the statement that prescription eyeglasses are much more of a sighting aid than Google Glass could ever be so they get banned first according to this ridiculous interpretation.

As long and you aren't holding anything in your hands (like the rulebook sites as examples) then you should be fine. Google Glass are not in your direct line of sight and cannot be used for "sighting."

Google Glass are not in your direct line of sight and cannot be used for "sighting."

I was going to add," unless you are carrying around an external camera in your hands" but didn't see the point since it's irrelevant for pistol matches and carrying anything in your hands during a walk through is not recommended.

So its legal to watch the recording that your buddy made when he shot the stages the day before, or during the prematch, but not to record anything during the walk-through because its a sighting aid you can use to game the stage before its your turn to shoot?

Makes sense.