Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So you installed a *thumb rest [generic]*

cnote

Put one on my Open gun when I got it and I still use one. My thumb doesn't know what to do without one.

Put one on my Glock . . .

Probably shouldn't say this but . . . . .

It cut my splits by almost 1/2

Should I be helping my competition get better :ph34r:

:sight:

I went back and forth on a thumbrest on my open guns. Recently went back to a thumbrest and realized the thumbrest was quite useful. Stablized my grip and the gun seems to point the same every time.

Personally I think the Go Guns are to bulky and do not provide enough thumb position flexibilty. Not everyone's hands are the same size. I think the Quinn III with intergral thumb rest by A/A is pretty cool. I am waiting for my smith to retap my C-more holes to accomodate the larger screws. The thumb rest angle and position can be adjusted.

I have CR Speed thumb rests on both of my open guns. I don't consciously push on it, I just treat it as a grip positioning aid. If I were building another gun, Open or Limited, I would put one on without a doubt.

Put a Nitro Fin on my limited gun and shot it at a match for the 1st time Thursday night. It will be staying on for sure.

Any chance of some pics? These look pretty nice on their website. Thanks

Put a Nitro Fin on my limited gun and shot it at a match for the 1st time Thursday night. It will be staying on for sure.

I'll post when I get home tonight.

Here you go

L1040959.jpg

L1040950.jpg

L1040947.jpg

L1040948.jpg

L1040951.jpg

L1040949.jpg

Here's a story for you.

Thurs July 3rd, had a guy shooting at our range, he is a NRA pistol instructor as well as a tactical trainer.

He had not seen a thumb rest, nor shot a pistol with a RDS on it.

Let him shoot my Glock, he took 2 relative slow double taps.

Then proceeded to make fast double taps on the next 7 targets , shot placement was about 2" spread at the widest.

He cleared the gun, said "why isn't this STANDARD equipment" and ordered one for his gun. :D

Edited by toothandnail

Here's a story for you.

Thurs July 3rd, had a guy shooting at our range, he is a NRA pistol instructor as well as a tactical trainer.

He had not seen a thumb rest, nor shot a pistol with a RDS on it.

Let him shoot my Glock, he took 2 relative slow double taps.

Then proceeded to make fast double taps on the next 7 targets , shot placement was about 2" spread at the widest.

He cleared the gun, said "why isn't this STANDARD equipment" and ordered one for his gun. :D

Where did you get a thumb rest for a glock and could you post a few pix of it?

I have a 2011 on it's way to me with the DAA thumb rest hooked up to it.

I am really excited to try it out, as of now I run an XDM 5.25 and rest my weak thumb on the takedown lever which acts as a miniscule thumb rest.

One thing I've noticed about the DAA thumb rest is it is positioned pretty far forward of the trigger guard, my XDM's takedown lever is a good bit behind the trigger guard, so I don't know if the DAA will be too far forward for my thumb to get a solid placement, but time tells all...

Edited by nitrohuck

We just happen to mfg them ;) My son had been thinking about one for a while but didn't like what was available for the Glock, so he designed and made one. We also do slide milling & RDS install as well.

Mine is the green, his is the silver. Standard color is Black, but we can do about any color you want.

gIBQQRml.jpg

bY2HbwQl.jpg

TSyObBel.jpg

E0gF5gOl.jpg

CzooNlnl.jpg

kUB5JhPl.jpg

I have a 2011 on it's way to me with the DAA thumb rest hooked up to it.

I am really excited to try it out, as of now I run an XDM 5.25 and rest my weak thumb on the takedown lever which acts as a miniscule thumb rest.

One thing I've noticed about the DAA thumb rest is it is positioned pretty far forward of the trigger guard, my XDM's takedown lever is a good bit behind the trigger guard, so I don't know if the DAA will be too far forward for my thumb to get a solid placement, but time tells all...

a mate has the DAA quin III mount with thumrest and found it was too far forward. he simply made a little rectangle alluminium block and affixed it to the thumbrest which brought it back closer to where he needed it. was not hard to do. :)

I just figured out how to grip the gun properly, that worked for me....

Yes, but You have the hands of a Yetti.... and the footwork of a salsa dnacer!!!!

If I knew what a yetti was I might be disappointed..

• 2 weeks later...

We just happen to mfg them ;) My son had been thinking about one for a while but didn't like what was available for the Glock, so he designed and made one. We also do slide milling & RDS install as well.

Mine is the green, his is the silver. Standard color is Black, but we can do about any color you want.

gIBQQRml.jpg

bY2HbwQl.jpg

TSyObBel.jpg

E0gF5gOl.jpg

CzooNlnl.jpg

kUB5JhPl.jpg

In regards to the installation of the thumb rest, is this a permanent modification where there are holes drilled into the frame or do they us the existing trigger pins?