Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore 1.2.18

ZackJones

I think the answer is still no --- but, does Practiscore export the webfile needed to post scores on USPSA yet? I know that it does the activity file, and I would think that exporting the scores file would be such a simple function to write. I keep having to dump everything to EZWinScore to get everything to the USPSA website (where most of our shooters prefer to see the scores).

This is going to be a continuing problem as people try and move from EZWS to PS. The big advantage of uploading the data to USPSA is that it provides an easy way for shooters to get their results at any time without the need for a club to maintain it's own web site or Dropbox, etc.

I have yet to see any compelling reason to switch to PS as the sole software. Quite the contrary. Granted, there are issues with EZWS but until PS can fulfill all the needed functions it provides, it's going to be hard to justify making the switch.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can upload results to practiscore.com, which I think is really is what Ken wants everyone to do and just cut out the upload to uspsa.org, but USPSA is still insisting (and they should) that official match results be uploaded to and reside on uspsa.org.

Plus there's still the issue of DQ, DNF's, and zero HF's not appearing in the correct order on stage results (DQ's should be at the absolute bottom of the list, after everyone else) so in that sense only (everything else in the results looks good), I still regard the practiscore-produced results as incorrect.

Edited by wgnoyes

IF I could generate the classifier report, Properly show the DQ's and maintain the classifier ranks I could do away with Ez. Maintaining our own website is both simple and for us a necessary task. It allows us to have a single source for our match info, local info, and results. No need to search a mega list covering the entire country. I see no reason to have to post local results anywhere but home. If we run a section or area match that is different, then the scores are also posted to USPSA.

Practiscore is what EzWinScore should have been transformed into.

We ran 1.2.18 for the ICORE Midwest regional and a follow up USPSA match. We had over 80 competitors over 2 days with zero problems.

Does 1.2.18 handle time plus matches like ICORE differently than 1.2.12? The input screen looked like a USPSA match on Saturday. Or did you only use Practiscore to collect data and score the stages in a separate program such as Excel?

I think the approach of having USPSA pull scores from Clubs.practiscore.com is the wrong way to do things. Since Russell has add the ability to generate the necessary upload file for steel challenge it wouldn't be difficult for him to generate one for USPSA. In fact looking at the file format for the USPSA web file upload it's actually very straight forward to generate. It may be wroth while to submit a feature request through Mantis to have the capability added to Practiscore.

I think the approach of having USPSA pull scores from Clubs.practiscore.com is the wrong way to do things. Since Russell has add the ability to generate the necessary upload file for steel challenge it wouldn't be difficult for him to generate one for USPSA. In fact looking at the file format for the USPSA web file upload it's actually very straight forward to generate. It may be wroth while to submit a feature request through Mantis to have the capability added to Practiscore.

I nominate you to request it!!!!

Second?

All in favor?

BTW---- iUploader can upload a generated file from an iPad to uspsa... No PC required....

I nominate you to request it!!!!

Second?

All in favor?

BTW---- iUploader can upload a generated file from an iPad to uspsa... No PC required....

No I'm not the right guy for the mantis item because it appears I don't know what the hell I'm talking about :). I just used a USPSA match and you can already generate the activity/classifier report so what you guys are asking for (post scores) isn't the same thing as generating the activity report. What you (USPSA) guys need is for Practiscore to generate a webfile.txt file. I just generated one from EZWS and it's just a comma delimited file like the activity report so I don't see a reason why that capability couldn't be added to PS.

If someone will confirm that the webfile.txt from EZWS is the correct format then I'll go ahead and create the mantis item for it. All they can do is say no :).

...but USPSA is still insisting (and they should) that official match results be uploaded to and reside on uspsa.org.

Yes -- This. I also believe that uspsa.org should be where official scores are posted.

If someone will confirm that the webfile.txt from EZWS is the correct format then I'll go ahead and create the mantis item for it. All they can do is say no :).

Zack -- yes, the file that is generated by clicking the "web file" button on the match results screen of EZWS is what we need Practiscore to be able to create in order to upload results. If Practiscore had this functionality, I could completely eliminate EZWS from my toolkit.

The "web file" is not what USPSA receives for classifier activity reporting...web file is used to post results of the match on USPSA's web site and there is no requirement to do so. The classifier report, however, is a requirement if you shot a classifier stage(s). To my knowledge, there is no link between posted scores and shooters getting credit for classifiers. So bottom line, EZWin creates two reports, web file for posting results and a classifier/activity report for classifiers.

Where in the Android version does PS have a link to upload classifier/activity reports to USPSA?

Yes --- the webfile is for results uploading. but that is exactly what we are asking for. Instead of having to move everything over to EZWS to be able to post results to uspsa.org, why not just write a method in practiscore to do it? It seems that a lot of people prefer to have their results on uspsa.org. I know that our club and the surrounding clubs prefer it that way.

I'm not associated with NiftyBytes, and certainly don't speak for Ken & crew, but I believe all that's coming. There's one fellow who works on the iOS version, one fellow who works on the Android version, and a web person whom I don't think is full-time for PractiScore. NiftyBytes is funding PractiScore development out of their pocket, and the revenue model is based on some future plans. So, yes, there's a list a mile long that some of us who've been promoting PractiScore since it's inception would love to see. But with one person per platform, there's a limited amount of bandwidth, and there has to be coordination between the two platforms to keep everything working.

You also need to be aware that until very recently, that even if PractiScore already supported uploading to USPSA, they weren't ALLOWED to, until the recent approval by the USPSA board.

The "web file" is not what USPSA receives for classifier activity reporting...web file is used to post results of the match on USPSA's web site and there is no requirement to do so. The classifier report, however, is a requirement if you shot a classifier stage(s). To my knowledge, there is no link between posted scores and shooters getting credit for classifiers. So bottom line, EZWin creates two reports, web file for posting results and a classifier/activity report for classifiers.

Where in the Android version does PS have a link to upload classifier/activity reports to USPSA?

The android version will create the activity report under the view scores section.. there you can email it to yourself.... and post from a PC..

I think part of my confusion was the difference between Steel Challenge and USPSA matches. In SC matches our activity file also contains our results. I've submitted a feature request (#397) requesting this capability so we'll see how things shake out.

The android version will create the activity report under the view scores section.. there you can email it to yourself.... and post from a PC..

Strangely...my version 1.2.18 Android does not have an activity report to send, only the match results which is not the same.