Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore 1.2.18

ZackJones

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give 1.2.18 a try on Saturday if everyone says it is good.

Did you guys run 1.2.18 today?

I did not -- stayed with .12 since Doug was running things. We'll be running .18 at the next match for sure.

...unless .19 shows up, in which case we'll all play the game again of looking at each other like the old Life commercial. "What's this?" "New release, supposed to be good for you." "You try it?" "I'm not gonna try it, you try it!" "I'm not gonna try it." "Let's get Mikey!" "Yeah, he won't run it; he hates everything." .... "He likes it, hey Mikey!"

Ran .18 on Nooks and 1.64 on IOS master for a 23 person points plus 3gun match. I had a message of a system crash on the first startup of the day, just 1 Nook. Answered no to the crash pop up about sending info. Nook acted normal all day with no problems. I didn't time anything but I believe the syncs were faster. I like it?

I've been running a mixed bag of devices and PS versions at our last three matches. Nooks running .17, Nexus tablets (backup masters) running .18 and an iPhone running 1.642 which I use to sync with the Nooks during the match.

We've run that setup for an USPSA, Time Plus, and Steel Challenge match with no issues.

I'll be moving the Nooks to .18 before our Time Plus match this Saturday.

...unless .19 shows up, in which case we'll all play the game again of looking at each other like the old Life commercial. "What's this?" "New release, supposed to be good for you." "You try it?" "I'm not gonna try it, you try it!" "I'm not gonna try it." "Let's get Mikey!" "Yeah, he won't run it; he hates everything." .... "He likes it, hey Mikey!"

Since you mentioned .19 I checked the Roadmap on the bug tracking site. .19 is scheduled for release at the end of July and so far two bug fixes have been listed for inclusion in it:

382: Failure to sync after Match Mamagnement registration down load via PIN#

383: Populating shooter fields from master database.

Given that the next release of the iOS version of PractiScore will allow us to create the activity report for steel challenge matches I'll be using my iPad as the master with Nexus as backup from now on. All I need now is for the bugs with the clubs.practiscore.com web site to be resolved for steel challenge matches and I should be set.

Hmmmm, I am wondering if I should invest in an Ixxx to use as a Master. So far I have just exported over to EZ and gone from there. Be nice if it all ran on windows as well...

Our method is to have our pre-registration list downloaded, then add the walk-ons as they arrive to this list. At taht point I load this into the 'Master Nook' and then sync all. We so far do not bother squadding in the nooks, Everybody is in Squad1. Thinking about moving over to online squadding, but I am not sure it won't just move my headache from one place to another.

Names should be properly capitalized and punctuated. It is The Right Way To Do Things.

If you register in Shoot'n-Score-It, and use ssi2ezws to convert the match, ssi2ezws fixes those aberrant individuals that don't understand why a shift key exists on the keyboard. Or are long-time AOL'ers, and believe everything should be typed with the caps-lock key engaged.

All caps is just *icky*.

Hmmmm, I am wondering if I should invest in an Ixxx to use as a Master. So far I have just exported over to EZ and gone from there. Be nice if it all ran on windows as well...

Our method is to have our pre-registration list downloaded, then add the walk-ons as they arrive to this list. At taht point I load this into the 'Master Nook' and then sync all. We so far do not bother squadding in the nooks, Everybody is in Squad1. Thinking about moving over to online squadding, but I am not sure it won't just move my headache from one place to another.

I'm liking the bigger screen of my iPad versus the Nexus so that's another plus for the iOS devices. I also saw that the iOS devices have a little better reporting when uploading results to Practiscore than Android currently has.

How are you guys going online registration? What web site are you using?

shootnscoreit.com. Much easier to define a match. Much easier for a competitor to register for your match.

clubs.practiscore.com makes your competitors register but won't take a squad choice, then it send them emails with links to come back to the website they just finished visiting and NOW they can squad. To me, online signup should be a one-stop process. Show-stopper.

As far as defining matches, I can't clone one match to another on clubs.practiscore.com, which means I have to re-create the match signup form for EVERY new match I have. Unless that's been fixed, another show-stopper.

I'm using PractiScore Match Management for online registration.

We don't allow shooters to self squad, so the issue Bill mentioned does not effect me, but having to build each match registration from scratch is laborious.

We use a program called Formstack to collect the data. Then I just bring that over as a csv file and import it. No squadding online. I also print out the registration list to check off who has arrived, add walk-ons and essentially track the attendance in a hard copy.

Zack... clubs.practiscore.com is the one we use.

For Steel Challenge or USPSA? The last discussion I had with NiftyBytes guys (Jun 11th) they said clubs didn't fully support steel challenge yet. Our USPSA MD's use it and it works well for them. What I do for now is when I send the match announcement email out through mailchimp is have folks "pre-register" by emailing me directly and I add it to the master tablet. Those that don't pre-register we add on site the day of the match.

Zack... clubs.practiscore.com is the one we use.

For Steel Challenge or USPSA? The last discussion I had with NiftyBytes guys (Jun 11th) they said clubs didn't fully support steel challenge yet. Our USPSA MD's use it and it works well for them. What I do for now is when I send the match announcement email out through mailchimp is have folks "pre-register" by emailing me directly and I add it to the master tablet. Those that don't pre-register we add on site the day of the match.

We use clubs.practiscore.com to set up a match in USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge, and 3 gun (time plus). When you set up the match, you decide what fields you need and name them. For USPSA and IDPA, they have default fields available to check, but for other match types, you can select and create new fields. My main purpose of using this site is for registration...the night before the match I download a CSV file of registered shooters and import them into Practiscore.

I also don't use the squadding feature at clubs.practiscore since sometimes the shooters all want to squad on the same squad. So to remedy that, we just squad during register/sign-in time and add walk-ons manually.

I like the option of duplicating a match as Bill said at shootnscoreit, hopefully the Practiscore guys will get that feature in clubs.practiscore.com in the near future.

We use clubs.practiscore.com to set up a match in USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge, and 3 gun (time plus). When you set up the match, you decide what fields you need and name them. For USPSA and IDPA, they have default fields available to check, but for other match types, you can select and create new fields. My main purpose of using this site is for registration...the night before the match I download a CSV file of registered shooters and import them into Practiscore.

Interesting. I think the biggest difference between how you do it and what I was trying to do is getting the information from clubs. I was attempting to get it by downloading it directly into PS and not extracting a CSV file. I'll go setup registration for our July match and register myself and grab a CSV and see if that will work. Thanks for the info.

I think the answer is still no --- but, does Practiscore export the webfile needed to post scores on USPSA yet? I know that it does the activity file, and I would think that exporting the scores file would be such a simple function to write. I keep having to dump everything to EZWinScore to get everything to the USPSA website (where most of our shooters prefer to see the scores).