Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore 1.2.18

ZackJones

* Optimized layout on the shooter editing screen

* Updated results urls to new format

* Match Name does not update after sync (0000365)

* Sync problem with previous versions (0000367)

* Affiliation number wont associate with shooters (0000370)

* TimePlus/IDPA Long stage name pushes strings and targets out of screen (0000380)

Previous change log can be found at https://practiscore.com/app-information/#toggle-id-1

FWIW, we used it at our steel challenge match today without any issues. We did run 1.2.18 on the NST's and Nexus master.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We use it at hawkeye last weekend. Had an issue with .17 not syncing at registration ha .18 on the card in my kit and bam. Then ran the match. Solved my sync issue. One nook would show up and then vanish.... .18 all was well.

Am I understanding that .18 will not sync backwards? so all units have to be on .18 to run, but then it works well?

The night before the match when I was setting everything up on the NST's I found that one of them still had 1.2.15 on it and it was able to sync with the 1.2.18 version running on the master. After I did the sync I did upgrade that NST to 1.2.18 though so when we ran the match on Saturday everything was 1.2.18.

That's the change log directly off the practiscore website. Typically if you see a member in parenthesis after the text, that's a practiscore.com/bugs problem ticket number, which could be for a fix or for a feature add.

That's the change log directly off the practiscore website. Typically if you see a member in parenthesis after the text, that's a practiscore.com/bugs problem ticket number, which could be for a fix or for a feature add.

I figured it out based on other peoples comments but not everyone knows that. One of the traps we are falling into here is that some things are done by and for the "insiders club". IOW we know what it means but others may not. It's not a big thing, just pointing out something to be aware of.

Zack, not trying to pick nits here but... I'm assuming that what you listed in the original post were fixes, but at a quick glance there's no way to tell if they are fixes, known bugs, or reported bugs.

No problem - next release you can post an announcement email :)

I figured it out based on other peoples comments but not everyone knows that. One of the traps we are falling into here is that some things are done by and for the "insiders club". IOW we know what it means but others may not. It's not a big thing, just pointing out something to be aware of.

Tell EUXX. He's the one who creates the list.

So -- is there a general consensus that 1.2.18 is good to go? I've been running 1.2.12 for our USPSA matches for the past few months, and I've been hesitant to update to any newer version since I know that .12 will work for my needs.

I'll give 1.2.18 a try on Saturday if everyone says it is good.

uod...we ran a rimfire match a few weeks ago using Steel Challenge match type on 1.2.17 with ~140 competitors and only minor issue we ran into was sync issues, but I think those were attributed to our range wide wi-fi setup. I have since upgraded to 1.2.18, but have not run a USPSA match yet...but we will in 2 weeks.

I'd go with 1.2.18 without hesitation...just make sure all your devices are updated.

So -- is there a general consensus that 1.2.18 is good to go? I've been running 1.2.12 for our USPSA matches for the past few months, and I've been hesitant to update to any newer version since I know that .12 will work for my needs.

I'll give 1.2.18 a try on Saturday if everyone says it is good.

Smart policy.

We ran 1.2.12 for Area 6. The other 2 outdoor clubs in the GA Section have since run 1.2.15. I ran 1.2.17 at South River last month with no problems, but we weren't syncing android to android (which is a known problem in 1.2.17), instead syncing to/from a master iPad. 1.2.18 fixes the android to android sync hassle according to others who have tried it, so I'll be running it this weekend.

...we weren't syncing android to android (which is a known problem in 1.2.17)...

Bill, I am not aware of any generic android to android sync issues. So, please either submit report with corresponding details or if it is not the case, please do not misinform other users.

The only issue fixed in 1.2.18 was related to pulling match from 1.2.17 to an unsupported 1.2.12 version. Cross version sync, but as far as I know there was no issues to sync 1.2.17 to 1.2.17.

As I said before, we don't specifically test for that and can't guarantee it to work with arbitrary old versions. Yet we are doing all we can to keep backward compatibility where it is possible (hence the 1.2.18 fix).

...we weren't syncing android to android (which is a known problem in 1.2.17)...

Bill, I am not aware of any generic android to android sync issues. So, please either submit report with corresponding details or if it is not the case, please do not misinform other users.

The only issue fixed in 1.2.18 was related to pulling match from 1.2.17 to an unsupported 1.2.12 version. Cross version sync, but as far as I know there was no issues to sync 1.2.17 to 1.2.17.

As I said before, we don't specifically test for that and can't guarantee it to work with arbitrary old versions. Yet we are doing all we can to keep backward compatibility where it is possible (hence the 1.2.18 fix).

NOT misinformation. https://www.practiscore.com/bugs/view.php?id=367

item 2 of the description: "Sync between 1.2.17 - 1.2.17 is spotty. ..."

It's very well known by many users that 1.2.17 sync between android devices is not as solid as other builds. Just because you couldn't reproduce it does not mean the problem didn't exist. Anyway, what do you care? Your standardized answer is to run the latest build. I'm doing that for once. Quit complaining! :)

And I do agree with you about old releases and mixing versions. I don't think it's a good idea, either.

Edited by wgnoyes

...It's very well known by many users that 1.2.17 sync between android devices is not as solid as other builds. Just because you couldn't reproduce it does not mean the problem didn't exist...

I haven't heard it from many, but I did heard it from one or two users who tried to sync match between devices after syncing it to 1.2.12... That would easily explain it for once.

It would be more useful to everyone if you for once spoke from your own experience instead of spreading second hand info...

So now I can't quote problem tickets where you accepted a problem and fixed it....?

Fine, you're right, I'm wrong, you're always right, I'm always wrong. Happy? I wasn't looking for a fight today. You brought this one to me, and I don't care to indulge you.

Just wanted to chime in to thank the PractiScore guys. It has really revolutionized the match experience and has almost eliminate one of the most tedious jobs in the sport. The club support sections like self squadding are really cool as well. It is also very notable that you release updates on such a frequent basis and I am always excited to see what features are coming next.

Still running 1.2.12 at ours Bill. I don't mix them and have not had time to update, besides I was going to be gone last match and wanted as little change or problems as possible while gone.

Just a note, the 3 gun matches seem to be running big matches (8 stages, 200+ shooters) with no problems but no idea what version they have been running.

We ran a steel match (time plus) and an IDPA match simultaneously at the range on Saturday with 1.2.18 and it ran flawlessly. Sync'ing was actually improved as we were able to sync both matches to a Android tablet. We did have a Android master tablet lock up, but reverted to another master and kept on ticking. We plan to run a USPSA match next Saturday and a 3 gun (time plus points) the following weekend...so stay tuned, I'll let you know how it goes.

We ran our first match last week end with 1.2.18 and everything on the match end worked great. The one issue we had was a bug in the file from when we downloaded it from clubs.practiscore that affected how the uploaded scores interacted with the website. They were very helpful getting that fixed