Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Enhanced Trigger for my Glock?

LHshooter

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had the Vanek super and Zev fulcrum. Both fantastic triggers.The zev was slightly crisper but something about the actual pad felt weird to me with the more squared edges versus the std trigger or vanek.

Either one is a huge improvement over just swapping connectors and polishing imo...

What kind of shooting tests did you guys do to compare your triggers? What kind of performance bump did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of my opinions on triggers (especially Glocks) are from feel. More specifically, take up, reset, and the feel of the break. I do a 10 pull average test with a Lyman digital, and the DK avg that's in my G34 PRO gun was 2.88. Couldn't ask for more than that, especially when you take into acct the solid feel I get from the kit.

I started using the Fulcrum Ultimate several years ago and liked it so much that I instinctively bought a kit every time I bought a new Glock. Reliability has never been an issue. My confidence in them is strong enough that I even have one in my EDC Glock 23 (with the heavier spring). From day one with with my first Glock the factory trigger was the bane of my existence. I have soft girly hands and it does not take much to blister my trigger finger. The factory Glock trigger will do it after only a handful of rounds. The Fulcrum Ultimate I can shoot all day with no problems.

Now there is one obvious negative worth mentioning. Up until the start of this last year all I shot were local outlaw matches. When I started pondering getting into IDPA and USPSA my division options were obviously very constrained if I wanted to compete with one of my Glocks.

Edited by negative

I started using the Fulcrum Ultimate several years ago and liked it so much that I instinctively bought a kit every time I bought a new Glock. Reliability has never been an issue. My confidence in them is strong enough that I even have one in my EDC Glock 23 (with the heavier spring). From day one with with my first Glock the factory trigger was the bane of my existence. I have soft girly hands and it does not take much to blister my trigger finger. The factory Glock trigger will do it after only a handful of rounds. The Fulcrum Ultimate I can shoot all day with no problems.

Now there is one obvious negative worth mentioning. Up until the start of this last year all I shot were local outlaw matches. When I started pondering getting into IDPA and USPSA my division options were obviously very constrained if I wanted to compete with one of my Glocks.

The constraint that the aluminum trigger pad brings is exactly why I sell the triggers I have came up with.

The best? Why of course the Joe D Wonder Trigger. Ask around Alabama and Georgia. I don't do drop ins. Must have your gun. A drop in will never be as good as one tuned for your gun. How light do you want to go 1lb? I generally set mine at 1 1/2 lbs.

I just installed "The Edge" trigger from glocktriggers.com (Vogel run's these) in my competition G35 for Limited.....LOVE IT!

I normally shoot an exact replica of my duty Glock (G22 - 8lb trigger), but got back to my limited G35 for some fun....

My circuitous route to this new trigger for my G35.....

1) .25 cent trigger job (was pretty darn good)

2) Vanek Classic (great trigger, a bit "mushy" for me)

3) Homemade DIY trigger (combination of techniques/tricks from Joe D, Charlie Vanek, etc. available off forums....was OK, but not great)

4) ZEV Tech competition spring pack with my original .25 cent trigger job and ejector housing drilled & tapped for pre/over-travel adjustment (AWESOME trigger)

5) bought "The Edge".....really like this trigger! Light, crisp break, positive reset.

Now just need some more trigger time with it.

I did the .25 trigger job on my 17. It's OK. I put the "Vogel" kit from Glocktriggers.com in my 34 with the 4.5 spring. I like it way better and no light strikes or extended striker needed.

For Limited, I'd got with the Edge from glocktriggers.com

I like the post by zipper046 because that has been my route to my current trigger but replace Vantec and Zev with Glocktriggers.com (Vogel) and TTI for me. Robert Vogel basically does a .25 cent trigger job and drops in a TTI connector and calls it good. However, he did say that he had to try about 10 different trigger components in various combinations with all of his Glocks to get the feel he was after so even though he basically has a stock polished trigger with a TTI connector, he did have to go through 10 guns to find the magic.

My magic was found with a Johnny Glock trigger. I would venture to say that my accuracy went up 25% the first time I shot that trigger. My speed increased a little too but only because I was able to push a little harder with the increase in accuracy. I usually finish near the top of my local matches in raw time and somewhere in the top 1/4 for accuracy which usually lands me in the top 3 overall. My very first match after installing the Johnny Glocks trigger I won outright with the fastest time and the highest accuracy. The second place guy actually had twice as many points down as I did. That never happens to me. Someone on this thread asked for a measurable difference. I'd say that's it.

I've used multiple drop in trigger kits in my competition Glocks and have spend a considerable amount of money trying to find the best kit for competing in USPSA and IDPA. I've tried the big name companies like Glockworx and Vanek as well as multiple others. DK Custom is the best trigger kit I have ever tried and will ever use in my Glocks. I've won multiple State, Division, and high overall at major matches using a DK Custom Trigger. I highly recommend using their trigger.

Bigtimelarry, you are exactly correct. I sent Vogel a message, and he told me that he is not using ANYONE to do his trigger work which is in line with what he has always stated. He said that he still does his own at this point. I had asked him before about some trigger info and he said the same thing. I have also seen him in several videos that he has done in his classes where he also says this. So sorry to be a downer, but him using a third party for trigger work as Bowenbuilt said is not true. I got it from the best source, Bob himself.

EW

Bigtimelarry, you are exactly correct. I sent Vogel a message, and he told me that he is not using ANYONE to do his trigger work which is in line with what he has always stated. He said that he still does his own at this point. I had asked him before about some trigger info and he said the same thing. I have also seen him in several videos that he has done in his classes where he also says this. So sorry to be a downer, but him using a third party for trigger work as Bowenbuilt said is not true. I got it from the best source, Bob himself.

EW

I sent Bob an Email about a year ago asking about what setup pre travel, overtravel etc he does to his triggers.

I remember he said he doesn't use any pre travel adjustments or overtravel adjustments, he said he used to in the beginning but

told himself it didn't matter at all because he comes off the trigger past reset to insure consistenty.. He said his triggers are

about 4lbs and Stock, just polished up the parts and that's it..

Thanks EW for asking him. I was ready to send him another Email..

Guys, I have the message from him if anyone would like to see it. Apparently one on here likes sending PM's trying to call me out...I will let you guys take a wild guess at who it was. :surprise: I have no agenda here, just was curious and decided instead of falling into the trap that many do and drinking the kool-aid believing forum banter, I would ask him personally. His exact words were, "Hey Eric, at this point I still do my own....usually just a combination of different parts until I get the feel I like."

Be safe out there guys and try to stay warm.

EW

Edited by Ewilson224

EW

I sent Bob an Email about a year ago asking about what setup pre travel, overtravel etc he does to his triggers.

I remember he said he doesn't use any pre travel adjustments or overtravel adjustments, he said he used to in the beginning but

told himself it didn't matter at all because he comes off the trigger past reset to insure consistenty.. He said his triggers are

about 4lbs and Stock, just polished up the parts and that's it..

Thanks EW for asking him. I was ready to send him another Email..

You are correct bigtimelarry. It is funny that this came up. There are several videos out there that he says that very thing. I know of one is a one on one interview that someone did with him a while back. I can't remember the occasion of the interview, but I think I recall he mentions in that one as well about him doing his own stuff. I know for a fact and probably still have it in a message from last year him telling me the same thing just as he did tonight. It seems plausible that bowenbuilt may have got some bad info from someone. And that happens from time to time. Someone may have misheard or misunderstood. But it did sound good if you run in certain circles, although it isn't true... at least for now. Who knows what the future holds for any of us.

Have a good week people!

I didn't hear anything wrong and my information is not hearsay. I didn't say the decision had been made either, what I said was it was under consideration so don't jump off the cliff just yet. Let's just wait and see. He is on vacation at the moment so I am not going to bother him to ask anything, partly because it's really none of my business. Time will tell so I would be careful at this point because crow is not all that tasty. I am not now, nor have I ever been one to put out bad information and I think your Vogel quote has more to it that would go something like "If there is anything new or worthwhile out there I would try it".

Edited by bowenbuilt