Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Enhanced Trigger for my Glock?

LHshooter

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been shooting in local USPSA matches for the past 9 months and am still tweaking my Glock 17 to improve performance. I have added Dawson Precision fiber optic sights, a competition spring kit, and a 3.5 lb connector and like the results I have obtained. I am now looking to ad an enhanced trigger to remove the pre- and post- trigger travel. Doing some research, I have found the Phantom trigger from Rock your Glock, the Pyramid trigger from the Glock Store, and the Zev Tech trigger from Glockworx. The basic trigger assemblies all seem comparable to me with the trigger machined from billet aluminum and Allen screws to adjust the pre- and post- trigger travel. Other than price (the Phantom is around $100, the Pyramid $135 and the Zev Tech $150) what am I missing? Is one of these three better than the other two? are there other trigger assemblies I should be looking at? Any recommendations and insights would be appreciated before I leap and buy something I might regret.

Thanks

I'm telling you, all of this advice is great, but NONE is going to be top notch for the price as this nugget right here:

Glock_made trigger, Zev V4 connector, Zev plunger. That's it. Install yourself, use stock springs. The glock Made company in newer, the trigger they make is TOP NOTCH. I believe the website is OCCUSTOMTRIGGERS... They are $35 I think.

Try it, if you don't want it, send it to me, I'll buy it off of you. But I promise you'll never look back. If you need any more testament, I exchanged ALL of my glock triggers with them. Including the one done by salient, my pyramid, my fulcrum, and my Vogel trigger.

I'm interested in his trigger bar. Do you have any idea what kind of weight you are averaging with your set up?

I'm interested in his trigger bar. Do you have any idea what kind of weight you are averaging with your set up?

With the exact setup above, around 3#... With springs you can easily drop it to 2.2-2.4#

Thanks! Any idea if it is USPSA production legal?

I have been shooting in local USPSA matches for the past 9 months and am still tweaking my Glock 17 to improve performance. I have added Dawson Precision fiber optic sights, a competition spring kit, and a 3.5 lb connector and like the results I have obtained. I am now looking to ad an enhanced trigger to remove the pre- and post- trigger travel. Doing some research, I have found the Phantom trigger from Rock your Glock, the Pyramid trigger from the Glock Store, and the Zev Tech trigger from Glockworx. The basic trigger assemblies all seem comparable to me with the trigger machined from billet aluminum and Allen screws to adjust the pre- and post- trigger travel. Other than price (the Phantom is around $100, the Pyramid $135 and the Zev Tech $150) what am I missing? Is one of these three better than the other two? are there other trigger assemblies I should be looking at? Any recommendations and insights would be appreciated before I leap and buy something I might regret.

Thanks

I'm telling you, all of this advice is great, but NONE is going to be top notch for the price as this nugget right here:

Glock_made trigger, Zev V4 connector, Zev plunger. That's it. Install yourself, use stock springs. The glock Made company in newer, the trigger they make is TOP NOTCH. I believe the website is OCCUSTOMTRIGGERS... They are $35 I think.

Try it, if you don't want it, send it to me, I'll buy it off of you. But I promise you'll never look back. If you need any more testament, I exchanged ALL of my glock triggers with them. Including the one done by salient, my pyramid, my fulcrum, and my Vogel trigger.

Are the OCCUSTOMTRIGGERS Trigger Bars just polished (I don't care about the pre travel / overtravel) but is the bar just polished

or are the angles changed or reshaped ? I can polish a trigger bar myself..

Are the OCCUSTOMTRIGGERS Trigger Bars just polished (I don't care about the pre travel / overtravel) but is the bar just polished

or are the angles changed or reshaped ? I can polish a trigger bar myself..

The difference between Dremeling a bar and it done properly to a mirror finish is huge... That being said... They are reshaped/angled. I don't know about production legality,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd be amazed how much smoother a stock trigger group is; (IF) you wet sand and polish all the rough machining marks on the striker, and round and polish the safeties (GO SLOW) M4 forum has a how to post on the subject lots of pic's. Add a set of Wolf Comp Trigger Spring, and go shoot. It doesn't cost much, and It even be production legal. Think Zev trigger pad there the originals good people too, I installed my own pre-travel screw in the stock trigger pad with all the above.

You'd be amazed how much smoother a stock trigger group is; (IF) you wet sand and polish all the rough machining marks on the striker, and round and polish the safeties (GO SLOW) M4 forum has a how to post on the subject lots of pic's. Add a set of Wolf Comp Trigger Spring, and go shoot. It doesn't cost much, and It even be production legal. Think Zev trigger pad there the originals good people too, I installed my own pre-travel screw in the stock trigger pad with all the above.

Where can i see these Pics ? Can you link it here

Thanks

I think you may need to clarify what "YOU" considering so special about this set up. All you did is mention a bunch of PARTS. Switching every gun to this new found set up I would say is more a testament to intelligence as it seems you have achieved YOUR "preferred over all trigger action". Hence you standardized all your trigger systems for your preference. Salient,pyramid, Fulcrum(zev) and Vogel trigger bars/assembly's all represent different aspects of can be achieved With a Glock firing system. OC included is just another part of a greater equation but these parts are what they are and that is designed for a "CERTAIN ACTION" and will not be what every one may be looking for. Now Dre I don't want you to think I'm getting on you here as I have read some of your other posts and it evident you have knowledge. So I am going to call you on it- my Question/s is with this set up you mentioned what is the pre-travel / wall feel / engagement travel i.e creep / Break feel and weight / stop travel feel / reset travel length,speed,and feel? These are just some of the questions I will ask when building a custom trigger system for someone. These are major considerations and with all kits or parts wither they re-angle or reshape anything it is a singular design to bring forth a singular result. In other words it ain't custom it's mass production. I mean look at all the money you spent on all those above mentioned kits. You could have bought another Glock. So to everyone reading this you can Frankenstein a trigger group and fumble through all the springs and parts available which is fun if your into it but costly or get a singular outcome kit which may not be the outcome your looking for or you can talk to a custom builder who will build you "exactly" what you are looking for the first time and that is effective, intelligent, and economical. I know a guy.... Oh and Dre I really would love to hear your answers to my questions.

Edited by BigBoss

my Question/s is with this set up you mentioned what is the pre-travel / wall feel / engagement travel i.e creep / Break feel and weight / stop travel feel / reset travel length,speed,and feel? These are just some of the questions I will ask when building a custom trigger system for someone.

Oh and Dre I really would love to hear your answers to my questions.

Ok, fair enough... I guess a LITTLE explaining would work.... I will, however, leave out the huge chunk of what the other triggers were lacking, I don't want to bad mouth any of those companies because of personal preference, they all make good suff.

This trial and error setup has gotten me the results I've always wanted, which are:

Pre-Travel:

I personally despise pre-travel, I like none, I want my trigger sitting on the 'wall', the OC trigger has (like many systems) a small adjustment screw in it, where you can set your pre travel from near-OEM, to where I like it.

Because of the complete removal of pre-travel I don't really have a 'wall' feeling, that where my movement starts.

Break feel/Weight:

The break is very refined, I don't want to use the word 'crisp', because I feel like that insulates something heavier than this setup. I personally have zero jerk to fire, there is positive resistance that lets you know you're on the trigger, but it is even, smooth... Refined. And the weight is as light as I've ever felt in a Glock and then some. We'll just say ~2.5#

Stop travel:

Coming to a quick stop in a Rolls Royce... That's how it feels. The stop is quick, but feels exceptionally controlled, I even purchased one of those ultimate trigger stop LWD housings, but have no use for it, because this system has over travel stop handled so effectively.

Reset Travel/ Length/ Feel/ Speed:

Now this is where this system won my heart. All I've ever wanted was a good reset!! The reset is just a delight... It has a very positive feel... Literally pushing your finger back up to the wall, there is no jerk, no slop, just a smooth, positive reset. The speed is fantastic, the only thing slowing me down at matches now is me...

I've made fantastic personal gains with this system as well, and my accuracy has improved noticeably in my high speed shooting.

Just so everyone knows, I am in no way affiliated with that company... I just realized it looks like I'm trying to sell their stuff, which I am, lol, just not for my personal financial gain, I just want everyone to have a BA trigger like mine!

Cheers

Your ~2.5# pull is heavier than 2#5oz. in my Glock [emoji41]

You are aware of what this symbol ~ means? Approximately, as in, anyone who gets this setup will have an approximate 2.5# pull. Depends on springing... My personal USPSA limited setup is 2.1#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre-Travel:

I personally despise pre-travel, I like none, I want my trigger sitting on the 'wall', the OC trigger has (like many systems) a small adjustment screw in it, where you can set your pre travel from near-OEM, to where I like it.

Because of the complete removal of pre-travel I don't really have a 'wall' feeling, that where my movement starts.

Break feel/Weight:

The break is very refined, I don't want to use the word 'crisp', because I feel like that insulates something heavier than this setup. I personally have zero jerk to fire, there is positive resistance that lets you know you're on the trigger, but it is even, smooth... Refined. And the weight is as light as I've ever felt in a Glock and then some. We'll just say ~2.5#

It is a video... but it looks like a LOT of creep to break 1/4-5/16. So I guess your a rolling break kinda guy. if your past the wall as you said and using a ZEV V4 connector then chances are highly likely your off/past the drop safety in the housing but it looks like OC left enough trigger safety tab to keep people from adjusting past the safe zone. So what do "you" mean by the term wall and what did you modify to keep the guns horizontal trigger housing safety operable? Also if OC is reshaping the radius of the birds beak or nose of the transfer bar to be where you stated you are your triggers resting position would be even more past the safety shelf. Could you shoot a video with a slowed controlled pull and show the reset as well? This is as interesting as a it is conundrum. I'm just trying to wrap my head around and understand this set up as I'm intrigued.