Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Enhanced Trigger for my Glock?

LHshooter

I have been shooting in local USPSA matches for the past 9 months and am still tweaking my Glock 17 to improve performance. I have added Dawson Precision fiber optic sights, a competition spring kit, and a 3.5 lb connector and like the results I have obtained. I am now looking to ad an enhanced trigger to remove the pre- and post- trigger travel. Doing some research, I have found the Phantom trigger from Rock your Glock, the Pyramid trigger from the Glock Store, and the Zev Tech trigger from Glockworx. The basic trigger assemblies all seem comparable to me with the trigger machined from billet aluminum and Allen screws to adjust the pre- and post- trigger travel. Other than price (the Phantom is around $100, the Pyramid $135 and the Zev Tech $150) what am I missing? Is one of these three better than the other two? are there other trigger assemblies I should be looking at? Any recommendations and insights would be appreciated before I leap and buy something I might regret.

Thanks

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using the Vanek Classic kits for years in all of my competition guns. He sets the overtravel and loctites it so you don't have to mess with it.

It doesn't have a pre travel adjustment, if you want to take out pre travel then Vanek sells a separate housing that has the overtravel set & loctited and

the pre travel screw is not loctited so you can take out as much as you want if pre travel bothers you. Personally i think pre travel is overrated..

Vogel & Sevigny have won dozens of World Championships with the Stock Pre travel.. I actually shoot better with pre travel but thats me. It's all personal preference. I use the 4.5 lb striker spring that Vanek supplies and my trigger is 2 1/2 pounds..

I personally have limited my glock trigger work to polishing, springs, and connectors. My take on it is that if I am spending that much on a replacement trigger so that i can make the trigger feel like a different gun, then I'm better off investing in a different style gun.

I am not trying to be judgmental either, if that is what makes you happy, then goo for it

Tom

Edited by b1gcountry

Salient and Vanek are the only two I go with, if I don't do the trigger myself. Salient by far has the best trigger I've ever felt in a Glock. I like Vaneks master GSSF for anything I carry, because they are 100% reliable, and all the polish and tune work (manual labor) is already done. The Salient trigger gets light primer strikes on hard primers, so your stuck loading with federals.

There are ton's of aftermarket triggers out there. There is also ton's of information on BE forums about the various ones. The same question gets asked probably monthly by someone new. I'd recommend doing a search. Not that much has changed in the way of Glock triggers, so even information thats a couple years old on here is pretty good.

shot them all except the DK unit. i'm sticking with the fullcrum ultimate.

got a RYG,not bad at all but it still need a comp spring kit and a lightened striker to get a light break weight. got a pyramid too, it's a fullcrum copy + the nitrid coat layer on the trigger bar which i don't care for.

all the trigger kits i tried needed some more work , but seems like the DK unit is perfect out of the box , i'd really like to have a go with this one.

The "best" is the one you like the most, because none of the options are going to make you any faster or more accurate than you already are

Some might "feel" better than others but you won't know what's "best" until you buy them all and try them all personally

Or decide that its not about whats "best", its about whats "good enough" and focus on training harder

I recently put a Zev Fulcrum Ultimate in a friends 35. The installation was very simple and I liked how easy it was to adjust. He has run almost 1K of major through it since the installation without any problems. If I went back to shooting Glocks, this is the trigger I would use.

What division are you competing in OP?

I am shooting in Limited Division

First off I want to thank everyone for their patience and replies. Still learning my way around the BE forums and should have searched more before posting my query. For that I am sorry. After my post, I did as suggested and found some good info in the archives. Based on most of the replies and the archives, I plan to go with the DK Custom Trigger, which I wouldn't even know about if it wasn't for this site.

What works best for me in my G35 gen4 is ILMG adj trigger stop with a phantom drop in trigger. I adjusted both of them for maximum trigger break and reset and applied loctite after I got it where I wanted it. 3.5lb ghost connector, titanium saftey plunger w/ spring. Stock firing pin and firing pin spring. I've shot over 2k rounds with that set up and don't see how it could get any better. This is just what works best for me. Competition only of course.

What works best for me in my G35 gen4 is ILMG adj trigger stop with a phantom drop in trigger. I adjusted both of them for maximum trigger break and reset and applied loctite after I got it where I wanted it. 3.5lb ghost connector, titanium saftey plunger w/ spring. Stock firing pin and firing pin spring. I've shot over 2k rounds with that set up and don't see how it could get any better. This is just what works best for me. Competition only of course.

I've got a Zev ultimate in my G35. Works great for 40 or 9. I've had a lot of people handle it and they have all commented "Wow, that's a nice trigger." (Only one said, "For a Glock"). Someone local just got a Pyramid and quite honestly I would have stuck with the stock trigger over the Pyramid.

Have you also thought about just doing the $0.25 trigger job? I pulled the trigger on a G35 that had that done (along with a 3.5# connector) and it felt really nice. Maybe start there and add the competition springs? If you don't like it you could always order one of the trigger kits later.

Even with my G35 setup with everything adjusted as best as it can I still shoot better with my g23 Gen3 because I've shot so much with it. It takes time and lots of dry firing and swapping parts to get the perfect trigger.