Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Vortex Razor II 4.5-27x56 scope arrived today

Rob01

Finally got to get out and get my second Razor II zeroed on my .308. Went as easy as the first and once again the "clickless" zeroing system allowed for a perfect zero and and the lines inside the cap used to adjust were right on. After first shot at 25 yards I looked through the scope and needed to come down 3.5 mil and left 1.3 mils. I dialed the small dials under the caps (pictured below) with the tool provided (picture below) and it moved down 3.5 mils and left 1.3 mils and next impact was exactly where it was supposed to be. Didn't get to shoot a tracking test today but will next time out but not expecting anything different than above or what others have seen.

Pics borrowed from my buddy Vu's review.
20140814_120729_zps2416217f.jpg

DSC02009_zpscae2500e.jpg

DSC02007_zps82d05ff9.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well after shooting the Razor II since last June when I received it, I was able to finally wring it out in an actual match down at Peacemaker National Training Center for the PRS Regional match. If you have read my other reports on the scope you know I am more than happy with the performance of the scope and using it under match conditions didn't change that one bit. I am still thoroughly impressed with the performance, clarity and user friendliness of the scope.

We engaged targets from 29 to 1258 yards and the scope tracked perfectly for all the yardages I dialed on. Now if the wind wasn't gusting to 20mph and fishtailing in weather that was 25 degrees and over cast, I might have made some more hits but that wasn't the scopes fault. Even when I dialed the 1258 yard data on at 12.5 Mils, which is farther than my tracking test I perform to 10 mils, the elevation was right on.

Using the 1C reticle for holds, wind, elevation and for the 100 yard offhand mover, worked very well. It's easy to read and break down for the correct holds. The numbers on the reticle helped when dialed down to 4.5x and using the reticle for the mover hold. Also the full reticle illumination worked well for the short off hand shots on the hanging targets in the darker background. Made it quick to find the reticle and get it on target.

Scope clarity was never an issue. I could always see the targets even the ones that when we got to them they were pretty shot up and grey in overcast conditions. I never worried about seeing the target with this scope.

All in all I am very happy with the move to the Razor II and I wasn't the only one. In our squad of 13 there were at least 6 or 7 Razor IIs and I saw others in other squads. The Razor II is definitely making it's mark.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Which one you looking for? Reticle? Mil or MOA? The most seen street price is $2500 for the 4.5-27x so anything more would be too high but $2500 and under is a good price.

Edited by Rob01

Be real curious how long it keeps a zero, I'm greatly discouraged, even 800$ Sightrons looses zero after so many rounds,yes that's using your Turrets to adjust you elevation & windage, heard from a Spec Ops Master a person needs Nightforce and up for repeatability, No offense,just learning, I just had to shelve an Alaskan Guide 8-32,awesome glass,Turret was perfect for 1yr 1000 rnds 6BR better glass than my 15yr old Nightforce except,Turret still works flawlessly on a 308.Hope yours works many moons and please keep us posted.Also learned some guys will get their inside Turret adjustment frozen,use hold over ,side manual,and scope good to go on,on. IMEx

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Been using it since last June and in a few matches, flown with it and banged it around and hasn't lost zero yet. This scope is NF and up quality so your "Spec Ops Master" would approve LOL This scope is in the top tier of scopes. I have owned and used many high end scopes and the Vortex Razor II gives up nothing to them but it leaves money in your pocket ;)

I'm addicted, got the 4.5-27x ebr2c, the razor spotter, and the reticle eyepiece. I had the 1-6x when it launched but didn't like the JM reticle.

I'd trade two MRAD 1-6x's for my Swaro 1-6i. Maybe even one razor 1-6 and a Burris 1-5...lol

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the great review.

SCAR, remember, the Vortex is around a pound heavier than the Bushnell.

The best thing about the big knobs, are the big numbers! I don't need cheaters to see the numbers on my Bushnell, and I'm guessing you wouldn't on the Razor II. The locking turrets on both the Vortex and Bushnell is a great option.

I would really like to see the Bushnell and Vortex side by side, in a similar review. The reviews on this page are always very honest, not a "paid for infomercial".

WG

• 2 years later...