Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 Recoil Spring Weight

JP221

What you gamer guys think about 10# recoil for factory 115 ammo ??

too light. if running 115 gn that are shooting about 1150fps or so I'd be using a 12lb. but do some experimenting. springs are less than $10 each and take about 30 seconds to change. :)

Two CZ shadows, one has a 11 pound one has a 13 pound, the 13 pound seems to track the Sights a little better

Actually have this backwards, test it at the range yesterday, the 11 tracks the sights better, going to place a order for a 10 and experiment a little.

In all my semi auto handguns I run the heaviest recoil spring I can with the ammo I use and still get 100% reliablity.

For my SP-01 this means a 14lb recoil spring with a 13lb hammer with a 115gr load at 135 PF. For factory CZ mag springs I could see this causing malfunctions, but no problems for me with 10% mag springs or mecgar mag springs. CZ OEM mag springs are notoriously weak.

For my 40 TS this means a 16lb recoil spring with the factory hammer spring (20lbs ?) with a 165gr load at 175PF.

I probably have close to 40000 rounds or more in my CZ's and have yet to break a slide stop.

I tried the 11lb spring and couldnt tell a dimes worth of difference in the recoil impulse. Controlling recoil for me is more about my grip technique than anything else.

Agree with this ^^^

Shadows I run 13 and 13

TS I run 15 and 15

Haven't been shooting that long, but have 15,000 rounds in my Shadow and have tried the 11lb rec with 13lb main. Can't tell the difference