Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Belt for 3 Gun

Not interested in Safariland's ELS because I don't move my gear around.

I've used a Double Alpha belt for a couple years, but it's too stiff for my liking after going to a Blade-Tech belt.

I really have liked the Blade-Tech belt, but it has only lasted one season, the velcro is worn out and inner and outers don't stick together well any more. Thinking about it, maybe it's only the inner belt that's worn out....

Any better options than the Blade-Tech?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put Velcro on the back of the attachments on my cr speed belt. This helps with keeping the outside belt secured to the inside belt for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x2

I have velcro on the back of all my tek-lok buckles. That's what makes me think it's the inner that's worn out, because they aren't even sticking anymore.

I still have my DA inner, I'm going to try it tonight w/ the Blade-Tech outer and see if that's better. I needed 3 zip ties yesterday to keep the damn thing on.

Hmmmm my The Wilderness Instructors belt has never come off, needs no Velcro, no inner belt, no zip ties, nor anyone to help me put it on. It can be used for emergency repelling/ belaying, holds all my gear and gun nice and tight and can be worn all day and night. I call it the no.D.Q. belt option.

Sorry amigo, I can't answer that because none of my stuff "snaps on" or "clips on" the belt loops on all my gear are integral parts of the holster mag holders etc. and yes I thread the belt through my belt loops and through the holsters/ holders. Matter of fact the belt loop on my holsters are interupted so I can go through the holster loop, a belt loop, and then another holster loop....nothing moves or falls off. I have seen way too many shooters get D.Q.ed when their high tech Inner/outer belt quit or clips and snaps let loose....or even worse get to the end of a smoking run only to find out the ammo or mags you needed to finish with are long gone.

I have seen just about all the big name guys D.Q.ed for dropped guns in holsters on belts over the years, some even a couple of times. Nothing beats a Taran hula hoop dance, nor a Jerry run with a shotgun holding a belt trying to load......but for my hummor I recommend any of the inner/outer/ snap/ clip/ zip belts....I need a good laugh just like anyone.

Edited by kurtm

Bryan, I use a 2 1/2 inch belt, you get alot more rigidity out of it. Uncle Mikes, Safariland, Blackhawk, you pick. Cheap and it has a fastex buckle so it locks in place. A couple belt keepers good to go.

Jay

Kurtproof????? I'm not the guy leaving behind a trail of ordnance and weaponry. I look at it like a fighter pilot friend of mine told me long ago....if it isn't strapped to you when you eject you won't have it when you hit the ground and you won't find any Velcro on an survival vest in an aircraft. :)

Austin, I'm in a mood and I can't hold back.....this is ment in fun and yet still makes a point.... I've been sleeping with a Rattle Snake since 2010 and it hasn't bit me once.....get youz a Rattle Snake they don't ever bite! :);)

Edited by kurtm

Yes, Bryan. my shotgun carriers clip onto my belt, and as long as I put them on the belt correctly they have never come off, twice I have clipped them on over the belt and pant and one time it came off while making a grab during stage and one time it came off after the stage was over but still not when it was supposed to.

all the other gear, mag holders (wilderness as well) holsters, pistol mag pouches all get threaded thru. as Kurt stated if its tied to you it stays with you, and even he has "borrowed" one or two of my clip on carriers. the best "combat keepers" ever made are your own belt loops!!!

trapr

Austin, I'm in a mood and I can't hold back.....this is ment in fun and yet still makes a point.... I've been sleeping with a Rattle Snake since 2010 and it hasn't bit me once.....get youz a Rattle Snake they don't ever bite! :);)

That ain't very nice sir, I've met her and she brought me pizza once, so she's an angel in my book! :cheers:

I've seen the very thing you guys talk about happen on multiple occasions. My belt doesn't go on without a keeper, and I need all the belt space I can get...which belt loops mess up more than a little. I hope one day I don't have to hang my head and say "....Kurt/Trapr....you were right." So far, as long as I continue to pay attention, it hasn't been a problem.

IMHO "the best" competition belt system (though not the cheapest) is the ELS. You don't have to move stuff around to benefit from its stability, security and easy-on/easy-off design. I would say also that, once you have the ability to easily reconfigure your gear, you might find yourself doing so from time to time after all.

The Wilderness Instructor belt is great too. I have a couple and they are my go-to accessory for infrequently used guns (like my 1911 that comes out to play only once a year), CCW, and to prevent my teenage sons pantsing me. if you can live with removing and reinstalling everything for each match, it is a very solid and cost-effective option. However, it definitely is not "the best" as a competition belt system.

Well I have seen 5 D.Q.s from the ELS belt system. It either fell off or the little clipy dealies didn't clip right or weren't strong enough. With that in mind if you are looking for real easy on and off.....it wins, pants down! Ah.....er....hands down. If you mean never come loose unless you activly take it of, won't drop equipment off etc. I'd say the wilderness belt or others like it are the best.

I have no interest in reconfiguring my gear because I want it in the same place every time, whether I need it or not.

I like the idea of most secure, but I don't want to give up placing my carriers independent of belt loops.

Mark and others w/ the DSG belt- approximately how many inches of belt space does the buckle take up?

The DSG belt buckle takes up about 2". The good thing about this belt is you can pull it tight against the velcro inner belt and it holds against itself and the inner belt. I keep the buckle in the front. I have used a CR Speed and it works, but never seems tight enough, and I am always worried about the keeper coming loose. That will never happen with the DSG belt. Best thing about it was my son and I both won ours at the TXMG match a few years ago. We both use it. Great sponsors of our sport.

gerritm

Well I have seen 5 D.Q.s from the ELS belt system.

Are you sure that isn't an operator problem as opposed to an equipment problem? I don't get around as much as you do, but I see a lot of ELS belts and I haven't seen anyone lose their yet. I'm just saying, perhaphs the problem is not the belt.

I absolutely hate the Safariland belt and have issued to DQs due to them coming apart, and seen 3 other times that were scary. A good belt works and should be foolproof, so operator error or not, not a good system. Why I have ELS mounts on a CR Speed Belt.