Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HS-6 Load for Montana Gold 121IFP

Cowboy1629

OK, I finally ran out of my beloved Silhouette powder but still have 8 lbs of HS-6 in stock and a case of 121's. I have never worked up a load with the 121's before so has anyone got a good load for this using HS-6? I normally run 1.165 COL in my Cheely 9 Major open gun.

I found some load data using HS-6 on here for the 124's but not much on the 121's.

Any load suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I've shoot both and not had much difference in Velocity. You may need a little more velocity if your near 165.

My loads (not with HS6) are up at 175- 177 cause the gun runs flatter there.

I would just use the date you've found for the 124's and go from there.

Yeah, that's was I was planning or doing if no one offered a load for it. I've ran some HS-6 with 124's through my gun so I have got an idea for a starting point.

I'm running 8.9gr @ 1.175" IIRC but my jug of HS-6 is from the slow lot they issued a statement about. I like it but I'll probably just go back to 124's when the 121's are gone.

Edited by MoNsTeR

I'm running 8.9gr @ 1.175" IIRC but my jug of HS-6 is from the slow lot they issued a statement about. I like it but I'll probably just go back to 124's when the 121's are gone.

Thanks! I have used 8.4gr HS-6 with 124's at 1.165 COL to get 171pf. I still have a partial case of 124's left but I have been sitting on these 121's for over a year so wanted to use them first.

Thanks AWLAZS, looks like my barrel may be a little slower than yours since that is the same load I have used for MG JHP 124's with CCI SRP. Looking forward to trying these, just haven't taken the time to work something up for it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been able to try a lot yet just a few across the chronograph yesterday.

Gun: Cheely

Bullet: MG 121 IFP

COL: 1.165

Primer: CCI SRP

Powder: HS-6

First Batch:

Charge: 8.4gr

Avg FPS: 1369.7

PF: 165.7

SD: 23.4

Figured standard deviation would come down with a larger run.

Second Batch

Charge: 8.7gr

Avg FPS: 1422.0

PF: 172.1

SD: 10.4

Both batches were with 20 rounds. Need to do more testing but I think I'm pretty close with the second batch. Hope this helps others looking for this combination.