Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GSSF: Glock the Plates question...please help!

CHLChris

"Glock M" and "Five to Glock" both have 3 strings. But "Glock the Plates" has 4 strings and I only have three mags for my Glock 21 (heavy metal division). Will I be able to load up another mag before the 4th string? I'm betting I can since only their Gen4's even come with 3 mags and the Gen1-3's only come with 2 mags.

Also, 11 rounds is the max. Does that mean--after charging the first round--you are starting with 10+1...or can you barney mag the first round and then load in an 11-round mag? I'm betting 11 rounds only, and not 11+1, but I'm wondering.

So, two questions. Anybody? I'm shooting a GSSF match in Dundee, OR on June 21st, 2014.

I've had more G21 mags on my to-buy list for awhile. I just went by my LGS and bought an extra magazine. Call it ego, but I just don't feel right going to a match without all the right gear. For the record, when I get home I'll record here my thoughts and experiences on the GSSF match in my area.

Thanks for your responses, AJE and biker!

10+1

Put 11 in the first mag and then you will have 10+1 every string after... unless you shoot all 11. Then you need to put another in one of your 10rd mags.

You should never need all 11 though.

Edited by LuckyDucky

10+1

Put 11 in the first mag and then you will have 10+1 every string after... unless you shoot all 11. Then you need to put another in one of your 10rd mags.

You should never need all 11 though.

This is good and if you do end up running the gun dry you can grab a round off the top of a used mag. or just keep a few spares in your pocket.

Glad to hear you just picket up an extra mag but the R.O. are usually more than accommodating and will let you quickly fill up that last mag if need be.

Just got back from the match. Very underwhelming! Anybody with a good USPSA or IDPA club, like me, might be disappointed. I didn't shoot my competition or carry gun, but my 22 and my 21. I just wasn't very good, but that isn't the source of my disappointment.

The cost was way too high, after more than one entry, for the low chances of a free gun. I'm really not competitive to win a division, so now that I've been through one of the GSSF matches, I just don't see the draw.

The match I went to was very well run, it seemed, but the format just doesn't lend itself to camaraderie or revelry like a squadded shooting sport does. I don't think I'll be going to another one.

• 3 weeks later...

The ones who "travel the circuit" are a handful of guys who shoot the whole program and expect to walk away with a gun and other prizes to sell off. To me it's very boring and I will only shoot one to help ro at our local club

Edited by EkuJustice

I made master class after my last one so I'll be competing with the big boys at the end of this month. I usually shoot four divisions, and I've won four guns from GSSF so far.