Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versamax Bolt Carrier Cam Pin Worn

Just like on an AR---I took apart a Versamax for the first time and the bolt carrier cam-pin is worn down to flats.

Will the Benelli one work and last longer?

It was still functioning but I'd like to have it closer to correct....

The new one will get grease!!!!

Nick

I use the moly paste from NECO. this is a high load area and that stuff seems to stick around the best. I also use it on AR cam pins and they all show very little wear.

I bought both the M2 and M4 pin from Brownells.

Both would work but the M2 pin has flats on it and M4 does not so I am using the M4 pin.

They both have a nice Hard Chrome finish.

I also installed the roll pin in place of the original FP pin o-ring retained "design".....

It's probably been covered but the roll pin size is 1/8" by 1/2" or you can also use an AR trigger guard roll pin which is 1/8 x 5/8"

Nick

I recently took a friend's VersaMax apart to do some tuning, and noticed his cam pin had significant wear also. I no longer have access to a Wilson tester, but I'd like to know difference between hardness of VersaMax and the benelli cam pin... Seems like the vm pin is case hardened, but soft in the middle... This pin had a 1/32" deep pothole where it bangs into the transition corner of cam slot in carrier...never seen a benelli pin wear that way.