Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optisan cx6 1-6 scope

airborne101

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm talking to everyone trying to spark some interest in this optic not sure why not more interest I'm loving it and know 7 other guys locally that are running it that feal the same way.this is 1-6 is a quality optic at the price of a 1-4 you can't beat it.

I'm thinking about ordering one for the truck gun I'm working on. Would you mind shooting me a pm with price and ordering info? Seems like the perfect optic for can inexpensive 14.5 mid length build

Do a little research it is common in in a lot of second focal plane scopes the reticle is designed to take care of it. We are talking about a budget scope that can be had in the $500 price range not everyone has $1000 plus for a scope.

Edited by airborne101

Do a little research it is common in in a lot of second focal plane scopes the reticle is designed to take care of it. We are talking about a budget scope that can be had in the $500 price range not everyone has $1000 plus for a scope.

What you're describing is a defect. The reticle doesn't "take care of it" - using whatever reticle point you want, by your account the POA/POI shift still exists when changing magnification. A 4 moa shift is not insignificant.

I haven't used one of these scopes - my comments are based on the linked review on the first page of this thread, and the things you've written. I'd be interested to try one, but the scope's POA/POI shift isn't a comforting thought and there are other options in the (very competitive) optics market.

I have been running this scope for a while now with no issue like I have said this scope dose have a shift with magnification but if you use the reticle the way it is described in the review on the first page and by the direction provided it is not an issue. The reticle has a diamond in the center the top point of the diamond is what you use on 6x and the center of the diamond is what you use for 1x and you will have poa poi at both magnification.

• 3 weeks later...

It may be common in crap optics but not in quality optics. Run far away from any maker who's says it's common.

Also having to remember to hold with different parts of the reticle is challenging enough on long range stages. It's a disaster waiting to happen if you have to remember where to hold as you change the power ring too. Sorry this sounds like a bad scope to me based on what you have said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Alaskapopo

It may be common in crap optics but not in quality optics. Run far away from any maker who's says it's common.

Also having to remember to hold with different parts of the reticle is challenging enough on long range stages. It's a disaster waiting to happen if you have to remember where to hold as you change the power ring too. Sorry this sounds like a bad scope to me based on what you have said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. My $270 Primary Arms 1-6 isn't like that... And that's less than half what the optisan costs.

I dont know what this guy is say but I Personally seen this so called shift.

Shot it in my first match today and no matter what power i had it on it hit what i was aiming at. From 25 yard paper out to 300 yard steel and 100 yard small plate racks

I dont know what this guy is say but I Personally seen this so called shift.

Shot it in my first match today and no matter what power i had it on it hit what i was aiming at. From 25 yard paper out to 300 yard steel and 100 yard small plate racks

How big were the targets and have you done any group testing on paper. If your shooting a 20 moa target your not going to notice a 4 moa shift.

Pat

Magnification is the problem, not the solution. If you leave the scope at 1x there is no shift. Better yet take the scope off and shoot irons, or a 1x optic. Cast off the shackles of magnification and embrace the freedom that 1x provides. You already shoot your shotgun and your rifle without the Satanic curse of magnification, let your rifle join in blessed field of view and eye relief. Magnification is a false profit, constantly seeking a larger image is a waste of glass that could be used to hold beverages. Trigger control is the the one true secret to hitting your target. Spend your time getting into a good position instead of twisting a cat tail.