Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Freedom Gunworks

jhernandez

Too bad FGW decided to ditch their Benos Tent. I hate Facebook pages especially commercial ones.

I'm with you. I have resisted having a Facebook page. May have to break down as more businesses are going that route

Is Freedom Gunworks going to fade away?

What is the significance of the two companies? Is CKArms supposed to be higher end than Freedom Gunworks? or maybe Freedom Arms only uses STI frames?

It's a brilliant marketing strategy. You want full house custom either Matt or Bobby will still build it for you. You get everything the way you want it and a goodly wait. With CKArms you get the best components but no options. They can build them faster as no retooling the machinery for each build. The intent is to have them on the shelf, slap on your choice of optic and ship immediately. And at a savings. Perfect for me.

That makes sense, thanks Wayne...

Thinking about moving to Limited after shooting Production for a couple of years... Looks like Bobby builds quality guns... I like that he shares information about his gun building process... Would like to look at your new gun if you are shooting this Tuesday night...

It's a brilliant marketing strategy. You want full house custom either Matt or Bobby will still build it for you. You get everything the way you want it and a goodly wait. With CKArms you get the best components but no options. They can build them faster as no retooling the machinery for each build. The intent is to have them on the shelf, slap on your choice of optic and ship immediately. And at a savings. Perfect for me.

I agree. It's a great strategy invented by STI only their QC went down hill after the company changed hands. If they can pull off a nicely machined gun that will run out of the box every time, CK will be giving STI a run for their money. That's great for us because it will force STI to step up their game.

I will be there

Thanks for letting me look at your new Freedom Open Gun, Wayne... What a beautiful gun... Excellent craftsmanship... and... a trigger to die for... That's probably the sweetest trigger I have ever pulled... Crisp and almost no discernable travel... Very, very nice!

Congrats on finishing HOA for the match... It's a keeper for sure!

I'm not sure what Brian charges for that, but at some point, when your business has grown enough, you might not need the added expense to sell your products. Purely speculating...

For how reasonable Brian's price is for vendor spots I couldn't see a reason to get rid of it. It's such a nominal price compared to other business expenses that I don't even think about it. I love this place :)

• 5 years later...
4 hours ago, infinity38s45 said:

Maybe you got lucky with what you got, i myself had bad experience with fgw , on open gun. I see lots of people selling their fgw and ck with low rounds in it , wonder why they will sell it if they just got it?

Bought a new gun and didn’t think they needed two maybe? Bought a FGW and didn’t like it, so they sold it? Bought one on impulse and realized they are still a production shooter at heart?

There are low mileage guns of all makes for sale at any given time on here, even SV’s. 

I just wanted to add my two cents worth and say I have a CK open solution built in which I added the options I wanted and it was affordable for me. I love shoot open, but I am a teacher. So I have a low budget.  My CK has been great! Runs perfectly.  I recently finish 4th over all at the Black Steel match and finished 6th at Quantico's USPSA match. That is the highest I have ever finished in a match.  I think my CK works well for me.

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

Bought a new gun and didn’t think they needed two maybe? Bought a FGW and didn’t like it, so they sold it? Bought one on impulse and realized they are still a production shooter at heart?

There are low mileage guns of all makes for sale at any given time on here, even SV’s. 

Couple years ago I bought new suv, less than 500 miles transmission went out. Cost a lot more than new open gun.

anything can will and sometimes breaks.

Like sarge said I’ve bought guns and then said to myself I don’t like this thing,back for sale. No I’ve never owned a CK but have seen lots on the range they all shot.

His gun had the worst waraanty ever, i open gun fgw after few rounds the bullet hit the compensator and it crack halfway, i contact fgw and told me to return the gun and he will fix it, thinking on my side he will replace the comp , but when i get the gun back , he just cut the comp were it crack and smooth it down,anyone there who own fgw or ck knock on the wood that your pistol dont breakdown 

15 hours ago, infinity38s45 said:

His gun had the worst waraanty ever, i open gun fgw after few rounds the bullet hit the compensator and it crack halfway, i contact fgw and told me to return the gun and he will fix it, thinking on my side he will replace the comp , but when i get the gun back , he just cut the comp were it crack and smooth it down,anyone there who own fgw or ck knock on the wood that your pistol dont breakdown 

And there are just as many stories where FGW/CK went above and beyond to make a problem right.

PM me your name and I’ll reach out to FGW and ask him about it. 

15 hours ago, infinity38s45 said:

Customer service issues are not permitted on the forums. 

On 7/16/2019 at 10:45 AM, EEH said:

Couple years ago I bought new suv, less than 500 miles transmission went out. Cost a lot more than new open gun.

Just out of curiosity how you ended up footing the bill for a brand new Tranny going out?😊

All I can say is that my CK/FGW gun runs. Never had a problem. I have an open 9 with a cmore slide ride and double sided mount. I’ve owned several open guns and had sold them all and stick with CK/FGW. 

41 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Just out of curiosity how you ended up footing the bill for a brand new Tranny going out?😊

I didn’t .. but that suv didn’t stay with me long after that.