Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Freedom Gunworks

jhernandez

So did Freedom Gun Works go through some changes that would cause them to disappear? What is the connection with CK Arms? He was working some with CCG wasn't he? Was thinking about a open gun from them regulating current one to a back up.

Edited by jrb06

So did Freedom Gun Works go through some changes that would cause them to disappear? What is the connection with CK Arms? He was working some with CCG wasn't he? Was thinking about a open gun from them regulating current one to a back up.

I was in their shop last week buying a gun and no mention of changes. They are doing a joint venture with Matt Cheely hence CK Arms but both continue to do their own work as well.

I got to inspect the CK Thunder open gun in person and it ROCKS.

One of my shooting buddies just bought one of the CK Arms Open guns. Very nice quality, and the gun shoots better than he does!

Bobby keeps his Facebook page pretty up to date. No hint on there why he is no longer in the forums here, which is a shame since he had some good posts on there about mag tuning and gun builds.

I hope they reinstate their forum dealer account. I would love to see the Mag Tuning Tutorial they had posted again. I posted earlier hoping someone had a backup, but I'd be very lucky if anyone did. :blush:

Which red dot did he go with? I am seeing a lot of the RTS sights.

I "think" the RTS2 is around $3750 and the C-More is around $3500. in 9 mm or 38 SC. They have 2 versions in silver or black with different slide treatments. Zig rackers are included.

I was personally impressed.

One of my shooting buddies just bought one of the CK Arms Open guns. Very nice quality, and the gun shoots better than he does!

Bobby keeps his Facebook page pretty up to date. No hint on there why he is no longer in the forums here, which is a shame since he had some good posts on there about mag tuning and gun builds.

I'm coming for you Trent!

I got one of the CKArms Open guns from the first batch. The rest went overseas. I had so much fun competing with it for the first time a Tuesday night. I have a ton to learn about shooting a dot gun but at least I'm learning on a first class ride! I chose a traditional c more but bought a Cheely 90 degrees setback mount to try as well. Gonna be fun experimenting with load recipes too. Bobby is awesome to deal with. There's a reason he is not here anymore but he'll have to tell you what that is.

I'm coming for you Trent!

I got one of the CKArms Open guns from the first batch. The rest went overseas. I had so much fun competing with it for the first time a Tuesday night. I have a ton to learn about shooting a dot gun but at least I'm learning on a first class ride!

Wayne, I know you are! I was just starting to catch you on occasion, and then you had to step up to this new ride.......

I have purchased several of his guns direct from him and he is a smart businessperson and talented gunsmith. I'm sure he has some sort of strategy in mind for continuing his presence and supporting our sport. I also spoke with him this week about my open gun he is sending me in a couple of weeks and all the work he has booked. Everything seems fine to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Is Freedom Gunworks going to fade away?

What is the significance of the two companies? Is CKArms supposed to be higher end than Freedom Gunworks? or maybe Freedom Arms only uses STI frames?

for the most part, freedom gunworks guns will be built on CK frames. if you want a custom gun with your own bells and whistles, both matt and bobby will build you what you want. the CK series are supposed to be guns ready to ship with certain features.