Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I hate putting on my 3gun belt !

Ladyvalea

I am going to assume you are usin a safariland belt? I hated that issue also, so bad that I removed the studs. The velcro and keeper are all that is needed to keep it in place.

Brad Metcalf

Everyone has that problem with that belt, move the end of the belt right behind your holsters so you can see it and reach it easier. Yes, girls have this problem worse, it is a an issues for one of ladies out our club as well, but we've gotten to the point that any of with will just belt her back up upon request. She complains about the belt, but I think that she is a amused that she has a "pit crew".

I had the same problem with my Safariland belt! I found the perfect fix... I bought a CR Speed belt and converted all my gear to TekLoks. I didn't like the idea of connectors being screwed onto the belt. Now I can move everything around as I see fit.

Problem solved!

Pat

I had the same problem with my Safariland belt! I found the perfect fix... I bought a CR Speed belt and converted all my gear to TekLoks. I didn't like the idea of connectors being screwed onto the belt. Now I can move everything around as I see fit.

Problem solved!

Pat

Shh .. no one tell pat his gear is attached to his tekloks with screws ;)

Edited by Vlad

Problem solved!

Pat

Shh .. no one tell pat his gear is attached to his tekloks with screws ;)

I heard that!

Yeah, but they can come off the belt and be moved wherever I want to put them in a matter of seconds. Something to be said for convenience and ease. :D

Pat

I buckle my Safariland belt in front instead of the rear like Pat. I forgot my belt last weekend for the 3G match. I was going to borrow Pat's but it was tooooo complicated for me.

BTW: I snug the inner belt very tightly. This seems to make lining up the stud/holes much easier. I take my belt off between stages including the USPSA matches. No problems putting it back on.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 on moving the attachment point to just behind your holster, that real estate is wasted space anyway. As for the tech lock, I don't want to be moving my stuff around, I want it exactly in the same place every time without having to think about it. Safariland system allows me to shoot USPSA Production, Tac Ops 3-gun, Steel challenge center fire open and Steel Challenge rimfire open all with one belt. stuff comes off and on my belt in seconds and is always in exactly the same place. I switched from CR Speed for this very reason. I loved the belt but it was just way too much hassle .... I did keep the CR Speed pouches and simply added ELS 34 forks to them ...

• 3 months later...

My Safariland belt goes on in secs, with studs ... The trick is after you've put it on and are happy with the fit carefully remove the outer belt, leaving the inner belt intact. Then simply take a white pen and mark where the inner belt overlaps itself. Next time put on your belt simply line up the mark and the outer belt studs will line up perfectly and you're done in seconds ...no near to do anything fancy

• 2 weeks later...