Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.308 win carbide dies. Are they woth the added cost?

mgb4590

I've never used carbide rifle dies, but it is my understanding that they are expressly for longer life in high volume loading - read that as commercial loading. The use of carbide does not remove the need to lubricate the cases as the area being affected is still large, necessitating the lube to prevent sticking the case in the die.

The carbide does prolong the die life, but for most personal reloading, we won;t be wearing out a steel die.

Whether or not the added cost is worthwhile to you depends entirely on the quantities you will be reloading. If you will be doing hundreds of thousands of rounds, then it is very likely worthwhile.

Guy

That last longer than steel but for the price are you ever going to load 10,000+ rounds. I bought my 223 carbide back in the day when they just broke $100 but anymore these days I'd go with steel. You have to lube anyhow and they are a no bs company so your covered

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you for your responses, I certainly could use the savings on the the dies to buy other needed reloading tools. I do not forsee reloading 10K rounds of any one caliber unless SHTF. But thats a different story.