Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ELS 34 fork holes don't line up on Blade tech holster

Attempting to change out Tec - Loc with els 34 fork on my Blade- tech DOH holster. The two top holes are to wide for the fork. Will the QLS kit 1 work? It looks like it may be wider.

safariland QLS should line up with bladetech...but I'd need someone to confirm that for me. don't use an ELS for holsters...I know some guys do it but they're just so small compared to the QLS. I just had to drill one extra hole and was able to screw my QLS right onto my ELS belt...it's not a big deal and didn't compromise the integrity of the belt at all.

Edited by jriggs

let's just specify for him so he's got the right info....

safariland makes a QLS duty belt and an ELS belt.

QLS clips are designed for holsters and such, while the ELS clips are designed for equipment like mag pouches.

the QLS clip will not fit perfectly onto an ELS belt without some tinkering or fidgeting...it's not plug and play...but it can be done.

Edited by jriggs

The top row of hols on the QLS attachment will fit on the top row of an ELS belt. You would have to drill additional holes on the lower role if you wanted more than two attachment points (which is what I have done with the pictured TMMS).

You can also get two screws from the DOH into the QLS fork but if you want a third attachment point then you would have to use the TMMS.

Hmmm - my BladeTec holster fits on an ELS fork just fine. Which model do you have?

The advantage of going with an all-ELS system is that you can remove the holster and substitute other equipment... I commonly do this for high round count shotgun stages to get an extra 6-round caddy on the belt.

Hmmm - my BladeTec holster fits on an ELS fork just fine. Which model do you have?

The advantage of going with an all-ELS system is that you can remove the holster and substitute other equipment... I commonly do this for high round count shotgun stages to get an extra 6-round caddy on the belt.

Just fine but with only two contact points?

I was trying for a minimum of three points but maybe two would work fine.

I've just finished switching from a CR Speed belt to the Safariland ELS. I use the ELS 34/35 for everything I have: Ghost mag pouches, bushmaster rifle pouch, Invictus Practical shot shell caddies, Safariland 014 race holster, ruger 10-22 holster for my open Buckmark, and Bladetech black ice holster on a Boss holster mount from Ben Stoeger.

Now I have one belt that I can shoot USPSA Production, 3-gun Tac Ops, Steel Challenge center fire open and Steel Callenge rimfire open ... I am very happy ....

I was at RM3G shooting with the FN Team, Scott Carnahan(Safariland VP), Don Golembieski(Kodiak Precision), and Tate Moots when I first saw the ELS system. It was so cool to see them just switch out pistol mag holders for shotgun shell holders and AR Mag holders. The rifle/shotgun bags were awesome, no having to make several trips to the truck. Everything in one bag that had shoulder straps.

The really cool part was on the 50+ round shotgun stage. My squad shared extra shotgun holders so we all had enough rounds on our body to finish the stage.

I got a couple of the Safariland discount cards and went crazy.

Although I was able to shoot Open, SS, L, Production, and 3Gun all from the same belt, I got a second belt just for grins. As opposed to three different CR Speed belts, which IMO are very good bets also.

I think Safariland needs to get on the ball with making a QLS plate that fits the ELS belt better. While they are at it they need a QLS fork that gives more mounting options. I use ELs for all the rest of my gear but I feel like the Blade Tech TMMS on the ELS belt works better than the QLS just because it has more holes in the right places.

Nope, I was wrong - I did use three screws to mount an ELS fork on my BladeTec holster:

BladeTecELSoutside_zps41f41d74.jpg

BladeTecELSinside_zpsd43f9ee0.jpg

The holster was originally a DOH, but I disliked the drop/offset extension so I removed it and ran with the TecLok only for a while, before upgrading to the ELS fork. Works great for me, so I'm not sure why you can't do the same. Different holster I guess :mellow: .

When I switched to a Shadow and needed a new bladetech holster I decided to get the DOH. Sold it 2 days later as my thumb kept hitting the attach,ent on the draw. Not so with Ben Stoeger's Boss holster attachment. It is much more flexible ....

When I switched to a Shadow and needed a new bladetech holster I decided to get the DOH. Sold it 2 days later as my thumb kept hitting the attach,ent on the draw. Not so with Ben Stoeger's Boss holster attachment. It is much more flexible ....

If that is the Boss Drop Offset hanger mount you are referring to, will it work with ELS?

I mounted my QLS receiver plate to a tek-lok which goes on my ELS belt. I much prefer this to being directly attached to the belt.

All the holes line up, and this way I can slide the holster forward or back just a little to make sure it's in the right spot.