Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Want one!

Mike21STI

Quick impression...feels great in the hand, trigger is very nice. In dryfire trigger breaks easily with sights aligned.

It feels like I should be able to run with this gun.

More and maybe a video Sunday AM.

Would you say it has more muzzle rise than a glock 17? It looks to have a higher bore axis, but how does it feel? Thanks.

I was hoping the video would offer some visual info on that and shoot ability.

In the video I shot the gun as it came out of the box, I have since swapped the grip bits to all large units and the gun feels...great!

Well, I picked mine up from my LGS yesterday. Initial impressions are good. I can't seem to find a grip configuration I like best. I have the same problem that I had with a PPQ, when I grip the gun, the grip is too small, so when I grip it with both hands, it pinches my strong hand fingers..... So, I need play with it more.

• 3 weeks later...

Some are entertaining and some are informative.

Sootch has a couple of reviews on this pistol:

And even Mr. Colion Noir has a video:

At this point, everyone and his brother is doing a video and they are all saying pretty much the same thing. Hell, I might even do a video...standby...I'll probably say the same thing too...

Edited by JMike

• 1 month later...

I've shot a number of 5-shot groups under an inch at 15 yards shooting off a wrist rest.

My trigger pull is 5lbs 8-10ozs, but I'm probably going to get into the trigger in the next day or two and see if I can improve this. It's noticably heavier in "feel" compared to my CZ75 Shadowline at 3lbs 3ozs, but the sights don't seem to notice, so whatever.

The muzzle flips a bit more than a 17, 34, M&P, but less than the PPQ.

Just got a Dawson Precision FO sight set for mine. That goes on today. :-)

Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase.

Mine is on order. I did get a chance to handle and dry fire one. Very impressed with trigger. Sure will be nice to buy a gun and not have to replace the internals to get a usable trigger (I'm an M&P guy). Not sure I will become a convert but I am looking forward to shooting a couple matches with it.

Edited by mcracco

My LGS had one so I got to check it out and dry fire. Overall, I really like it. I shot Glocks and like the Glock trigger, particularly once they are broken in (particularly the reset) and with a factory minus connector. What I found with the VP9 when dry firing is that the reset travel was good, but right when it resets, there is a bit of mushiness and you have to take up the slack. This is probably the only negative I found with it. I also thought they would have been sized closer to the Glock 19, it was close to the Glock 17 when comparing them.

A friend has one already so hopefully I can shoot it soon, maybe the reset isn't as bad when shooting it but that was the only item I wasn't pleased with. Otherwise, the trigger felt nice.

Just got a Dawson Precision FO sight set for mine. That goes on today. :-)

So how are the sights working out? I've been eyeballing these, too, but wanted to hear how they shoot POA/POI before I pulled the trigger.

Any info you can give on how they hold (6 o'clock or hold-over) would be appreciated!

I shot mine the other day. Very impressed and looking forward to getting a holster in to shoot a match with it.

With regards to sights, the VP9 has a narrower rear blade meaning more target visible. Very different from the stock M&P sights (or Truglo) I am used to. There also seems to be a bit more daylight either side of the front sight but I didn't measure anything.

POI is exactly where I put the front sight.

Accuracy was very good. I was practicing on the plate racks and I was clearing the racks easily if I did my part.

Probably, yes. This is a combat style gun; there is no 6 o'clock hold and the bullet impacts x inches higher.

Just put the first 250 rounds through mine at indoor range from 7-25 yards. I certainly had to adjust my aim so that the sights were occluding the target or the impact would be low (to very low).

Haven't noticed any particular over-heating that some folks has reported but I'm just breaking it in atm. We'll see how that lasts in a couple of training class days. :-)

I quite like the interchangeable side and back straps.

The trigger on mine is very smooth. Count me in the crowd saying this is the best OOTB striker-gun trigger.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...