Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa Nationals

FF423

Squad 22.. going for the marathon all day shoot. Sucks I can't get more time off for it and do it over two days.

Stupid question, how to most people that have to fly in get their firearms there? Do you travel with them as checked luggage or is there a way to ship your gun and ammo to the range or hotel ahead of time?

Anyone lurking out there a single shooter on squad 31 or 32? I'm throwing it out there to see if I can find someone on either squad willing to swap with me or a buddy. We weren't able to get the same squad earlier today. If so, please contact me and we'll figure out how to coordinate it. Thanks!

Mike

madmike283 at gmail

flying is simple. hard case, locked, in checked luggage. declare it when checking in with the agent. fill out forms, wait for tsa and then go.

in the past people have shipped ammo to the range yes.

there are cheaper hotesl in tulsa but nothing is really close to the range.

if you are reasonably fit and good at keeping your focus, i think shooting in one day is fine. have clothes for different weather. eat snacks and drink more than enough fluids. your brain runs on sugar, do not bonk.

flying is simple. hard case, locked, in checked luggage. declare it when checking in with the agent. fill out forms, wait for tsa and then go.

in the past people have shipped ammo to the range yes.

there are cheaper hotesl in tulsa but nothing is really close to the range.

if you are reasonably fit and good at keeping your focus, i think shooting in one day is fine. have clothes for different weather. eat snacks and drink more than enough fluids. your brain runs on sugar, do not bonk.

Good stuff, Rowdyb. Thanks!

I'm stuck on 43. I saw three girls in there, so it won't be that bad.

Since, I'm shooting the match in one day, Thursday.

Is the Sat. Night program worth staying around for? Just thinking about the added hotel cost. Is it a "must be present" thing to win any prizes?

Thanks

Trophies Saturday night. Door prizes get handed out at the range.

I'm on a squad of like 9 cdp shooters, so i'm gonna hear all sorts of 'wrong' reload stuff the whole time. hahaha

Haha that's funny. My last match one of my squad mates was shooting cdp and telling me his plan. I has to (jokingly) tell him to shut up because I'll wind up doing that!

Oh yeah, Austin and his dad have already teased me on fb about being in the "45 squad" hahaha. I've shot with them at matches before and enjoyed it. Ernie is chasing me in the AA contingency program, so I don't want to see him hahaha. Drives me crazy to have direct competitors in my squad hahaha.

I want a squad full of esp ex and ma for nationals. oh well......

Why us it that IDPA points are such a mystery? I remember having to scour the internet to figure it out and get a decent answer. I think HQ should just put something on your profile that tracks your points according to your reported match scores and be done with it. If they have code that tracks your classification, this has to be an easy fix wouldn't you think?

Then there is no guessing game and it makes it easier for them too, check a competitors profile to verify and you are set.

Why us it that IDPA points are such a mystery? I remember having to scour the internet to figure it out and get a decent answer. I think HQ should just put something on your profile that tracks your points according to your reported match scores and be done with it. If they have code that tracks your classification, this has to be an easy fix wouldn't you think?

Then there is no guessing game and it makes it easier for them too, check a competitors profile to verify and you are set.

While they don't actually list your points, they have started adding the Tier level to each match in your "my score and classifications" section. So at least now we don't have to do a lot of searches to determine what level a match was - just a little math.

While they don't actually list your points, they have started adding the Tier level to each match in your "my score and classifications" section. So at least now we don't have to do a lot of searches to determine what level a match was - just a little math.

That's cool at least

• 2 weeks later...

Rowdy I'll be shooting with you in Squad 45. Running SSR/SS and will gladly provide the comic relief.

Phew good! Thanks.

Oh, and the persons asking about moving around on squads, in the past I've had luck emailing people directly and asking. I just stalk their info off the idpa websight.

Oh, and the persons asking about moving around on squads, in the past I've had luck emailing people directly and asking. I just stalk their info off the idpa websight.

Yeah, I've already figured that out, thanks. No luck unfortunately. No biggie.