Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting a S&W Model 27 In Bianchi Production

entropic

First off, I'd like to thank you all for your help in the past. This part of the forum is one of the things that got me interested in Binachi in the first place. My first year was a lot of fun and now I'm planning next year already. So here it goes:

I have a S&W model 27-2 That I am planning on shooting in production. I have a few questions for any Bianchi revo shooters that might be here:

1. Where do I get a production holster for an N-Frame Smith? Looks like there may be a Bladetech that I can make work, but is there someone who will make custom kydex holsters?

2. Is there a gunsmith without a long backlog who can do some trigger work for me, maybe in the Kansas City Area?

3. Does anyone make speedloader loading blocks for an N-frame 357, or is this something I'll have to make myself? I found the Five stars but am looking for something in plastic and a little softer on the wallet.

Thanks for the help!

I use a 6" Bladetech DOH holster for Bianchi production. I got the N frame one which also works fine with an L frame.

I can also make an N frame loading block for you. PM if interested.

• 1 month later...

My buddy was told that he couldn't use his 27-2 because the barrel on the Model 27 is actually 6.5", and not 6" like a 686. Apparently the barrel limit length for Production is 6"? He was told that he would have to use it in Metallic instead, where the limit is 8".

Hey.

I just checked the rules, section 3. It does say 6", but I would get a ruling in written form from the NRA, the firearm you are wanting to use seems to be in production, and looks to me that it has been in production for a long time.

Some times you need to ask the big wigs, because they don't always look far enough forward or behind.

I use a 621-c-1 in open, it's lot of fun, but being left handed makes it even more fun.

I found the rules on the NRA web page, but please send them an email and get them to put it in writing as to why or why not the firearm can or can not be used in the division you want to compete in.

Have fun.

Russell

Canadian Action Pistol Shooter, one of only a very few.