Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where do you buy reloading supplies, inc. Primers?

benos

Jim is a member of BE Forum and has a reasonably priced quality product and top notch service. His bullets are some of the best that I have found.

Jim Stinar

E-mail Address(es):

snscasting@hotmail.com

I usually buy powder and primers locally, but would buy elsewhere if there was enough savings.

Buddy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Jim is a member of BE Forum and has a reasonably priced quality product and top notch service. His bullets are some of the best that I have found.

Jim Stinar

E-mail Address(es):

snscasting@hotmail.com

I usually buy powder and primers locally, but would buy elsewhere if there was enough savings.

Buddy

+1

Last week the USPS lost a box of Jim's bullets and Jim sent me another box for free.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just on the phone with a customer, who told me he got a great deal on prepped 223 brass on TopBrass.com.

And for anyone who's looking for 30 carbine brass, he said he would buy all the 30 carbine brass he could find, but he couldn't find any anywhere. So I did a quick search on Widener's, and they had 30 carbine brass.

be

Today a customer told me he found some typically hard to find .223 reloading components on

Widener's: http://www.wideners.com/

Anyone have any experience with them?

be

I have dealt with Widener's on a couple of occasions for primers, since they were the only ones that seemed to have Federal's in stock. Good competitive prices and good service.

For jacketed bullets I usually buy from a vendor that comes to all our big matches and some of the smaller ones. Tom Duchman of Action Shooting Supplies. I can call him and he will bring the bullets to me at the match and avoid shipping. Cast bullets are usually ordered from Billybullets.com. Good prices and great services.

Powder from wherever I can find it locally at the best price.

With a revolver, I have not bought brass in over 5 years. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know of better prices available for .38 supercomp brass than starline.com? Ghostholster has been out for some time. Midway.com and Grafs have higher prices. I know that Starline supports our sport and would be happy buying from them but I thought I’d check with you guys first.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Well, based on what I've read here I decided to place an order with Precision Delta for .40 180FMJ for 2K. At the time there was no indication on their site of availability issues (still isn't). so on July 1st I placed the order. Later that week I had no reply indicating the order was accepted so I sent an email of which I recieved no reply. Last week made a phone call and was politly greeted and told that the order was processed and was in a pile waiting for the order to be filled. Because of the need for an upcoming match I requested a ship date and was told they should be able to fill the order and have to me by Tuesday. Well it is now Thursday and still no bullets. Another email I sent yesterday was answered today and the indication is that the jacketing machine is actually down and there is no way to fill the current orders at this time. I was told that it may be possible that I would recieve at months end (4weeks post order) and that there was a long line ahead of me. As a 1st time customer, not a positive experience!!!

Now, I understand current market conditions and the whole supply vs demand thing but the manufacturers that can't fill orders in a timely manner , whether under their control or not, would really be able to help out their reputation if the customer is made aware of what their availabilty times are. I love a good deal on quality product as well as the next person but have and will continue to place my $$ where I'm treated the best even if it cost's me more.

To all, please keep this in mind when you are looking for supplies. Order VERY early with suppliers you know and have good personal experience with and your reloading experience will go much smoother.

RANT Off.....

• 4 months later...
Today a customer told me he found some typically hard to find .223 reloading components on

Widener's: http://www.wideners.com/

Anyone have any experience with them?

be

I have bought ammo from Wideners several times and never had any problems. I new to reloading and have not bought components from them yet, but would not hesitate to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Primers - where are you finding them?

As you might imagine, I hear that question on almost every Dillon order/phone call.

I've seen lots of primer threads scattered about the forum, especially in the <i>What I Like</i> Forum.

(12.17.09) A 16 page thead: Who has Primers and When.

So with this post I'm hoping to consolidate future "where are you finding primers" info in this thread. (Because it's the thread I refer customer's to.)

Thank you,

be

When looking fo primers I check the following sights daily.

Midway

Wideners

Powder valley

Natchez

Midsouth reloading supplies

If you set up a bookmark folder in firefox with all of the websites you can right click and open all the websites in tabs then work your way through the tabs closing them when you find they are out of primers. Lately Wideners and Natchez have had primers in stock

• 2 months later...

I just bought 5 boxes of Remington 2 1/2 LARGE PISTOL Primers at Cabelas; and with the $20 HAZMAT charge and the $5 Flat Rate shipping (Good until 16 Feb, Code = 2XFLAT) the price came to $199.95

NOTE: This information has now been reposted in the CORRECT place. Thank you for the information Chuck. :cheers:

Edited by Eric Scher

• 10 months later...