Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where do you buy reloading supplies, inc. Primers?

benos

Where do you buy reloading supplies and components? (Thread 1)

Where do you buy reloading supplies and components? (Thread 2)

Since the pinned threads are a few years old, how about we update this thread with your current favorite (meaning: good prices, service, and diversity) places to buy reloading supplies and components. Please post links and phone numbers if you can.

A new thread on Who Has Primers.

Thank you,

be

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the pinned threads are a few years old, how about we update this thread with about 6 - 12 of the most popular (meaning: good prices, service, and diversity) places to buy reloading supplies and components, today. Please post links and phone numbers if you can.

Thank you,

be

Bullets, powder, primers

Powder Valley, Inc.

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com

1-800-227-4299

Ask for Kelly

Very happy with the service.

Since a few posts in the older threads have so many links, I was hoping to trim it down and organize it a bit more here. Depending on how it goes, I may edit and clean up some of the posts later.

May want to consider being a bit more granular on "which" reloading supplies you're asking about, too.

For example, I buy bullets from whoever has the best case-price at the moment, whether that is local gun-shop, direct from Montana Gold, or through an online reseller.... but I *always* buy primers and powder locally, to avoid the cost and complexity of haz-mat shipping on small quantities delivered to home.

$.02

Bruce

Bullets - - - - Either in a bulk order from the lowest bidder to my gun club.... or Target Barn (because I can avoid shipping charges dealing with them)

Powder and primers - - - - As I can find deals... roaming around the country to matches. I have shot a wheel gun for the past year so that makes this a bit more problematic..... given the shortage of Federal primers.

Brass - - - - - Again the wheel gun makes my answer "out side the box" because I have very nearly 100% of the brass that I had in January. Generally I bought it on eBay... but I guess that channel is dead.

Brian...... Some established and respected www site needs to fill the void that eBay created :bow:

For Dillon presses and accessories: BE, best prices, service, and expertise! Not to mention he is fun to talk to about stuff :)

For bullets: Angus at Ghost Products, good prices, super quick service

For powder: Usually Midsouth, but I'd do business with anyone who had VV N105 in stock! Not much luck these days.

For primers: Rileys Sport Shop in Hooksett, NH

<_< I make a point of taking extra cash to larger shoots to buy a keg or sleeve of primers from the vendor that supported the shoot. I like getting my bullets direct form Montana Gold for though one of our local guys for Zeros.

I think it is good to make the table rounds and do what ever I can to demonstrate my thanks for the support the vendors give.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ditto on Powder Valley - - fast service, great pricing, reasonable shipping and nice people.

I've been buying bullets from Montana, Precision Delta and Zero. Has anyone seen any decent prices on .40 cal FMJ - - everywhere I look they're .10 plus.

BW

<_< I make a point of taking extra cash to larger shoots to buy a keg or sleeve of primers from the vendor that supported the shoot. I like getting my bullets direct form Montana Gold for though one of our local guys for Zeros.

I think it is good to make the table rounds and do what ever I can to demonstrate my thanks for the support the vendors give.

+1......try to buy enough at one time to last at least 6 months to a year.

+1 for T&T. Tony makes 2 local gun shows in VA and you can call and pre-order and he'll bring it to the show.

And don't forget Sinclair International for rifle. Must haves that you can't get anywhere else, a staff that all shoot precision rifle and outstanding service.

• 4 weeks later...

Primers and lead bullets I get from local gun shows

Plated or jacketed bullets we try to group buy once a year, usually Berrys

The Gun club group buys shotgun componets and powder prices are pretty good then

• 2 months later...
+1 for T&T. Tony makes 2 local gun shows in VA and you can call and pre-order and he'll bring it to the show.

I tried ordering primers from T and T via their website. I got an e-mail confirmation for the order. A couple of weeks went by and nothing showed up on the door step and the CC was never charged. I sent three e-mails, tried calling and sent a fax to find the status of the order. Never did hear anything back. Is Tony still in business?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...