Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9MM 1911 for Competition

Why1504

I have read from others on this forum that the frame and slide of the Spartan come from the Phillipine factory that makes Rock Island, but the Spartan is finished at the STI Texas facility. For the $500 gun range, I think the RIA is the way to go. For the $750 gun range, the Springfield Range Officer, I think it has a superior build quality, parkerization finish, and components over the Spartan.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice!

How much did you get the sig for? I have yet to see any Sig's in calibers other than .45.

One thing to note, both of the aforementioned guns, the RIA and the Spartan are series 70 guns. The Sig is a series 80...at least in .45 ACP.

I’ve had my STI Spartan for a few years. Dawson .100 FO front sight and ICE no gap magwell. Extended mag release fabricated by my gunsmith who did a great trigger job using the stock parts. Resprung with a 11# recoil spring and 14# MHS. The gun has over 4000 rounds through it and is still a tack driver flawless with my 135g RN moly reloads fed with Tripp cobra mags / Dawson base plates. The grips are VZs G10s green linen.

564066_422670247855045_93146983_n.jpg

Edited by Boxerglocker

The finish is Cerakote, burnt bronze and graphite black done by Mad Custom Coatings in Poulsbo, WA. They generously donated a complete handgun refinish certificate to a local charity 3 gun match prize table last year. Mad Custom Coatings was recently featured in the USPSA Front Sight magazine, where my gun was singled out as a prime example of their work.