Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rear Sight Question

donquixote

maybe a dumb question, but why most competitive rear sights, black blade types as opposed to fiber optic sights in the rear? i want to upgrade the sights on my CZ75B and have been looking into the 2 dot FO rear sights but most (all?) comp sights seem to be a solid black with no FO.

My ability to focus on the front sight is pretty weak. A blacked out rear is worthless because there is nothing my eyes can pick out to create a reference for the front fiber.

These are from Williams Gunsights, and are reasonably priced. This is the adjustable version.

A-Hatchling_9.jpg

maybe a dumb question, but why most competitive rear sights, black blade types as opposed to fiber optic sights in the rear? i want to upgrade the sights on my CZ75B and have been looking into the 2 dot FO rear sights but most (all?) comp sights seem to be a solid black with no FO.

For me it's just too much going on with rear fiber sights. I need to focus on the front sight and target.

I think of it like looking through a window at a bird or squirrel and the window being my rear sights. I don't care what the drapes or curtains on or near the window look like, I'm looking through the window at the bird and focusing on it, the same way I'm looking through the rear sights focusing on the front sight. If I get to seeing too much of the "curtains" in my sight picture I'm not seeing my front sight correctly.