Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta AXR-160 .22lr

rngunner

A guy I know just picked one up. Somehow it's not on the banned list in MD but I think the m&p15 is?

He's only had for a couple weeks but he's pretty happy with it.

Supposed to go shooting with him in the next couple weeks so I should get to try it out

I want to trade my MP15-22 as they are becoming too popular and everyone customises them way too much

Its about time to have something different and the ONLY reports seem good,...then of course they would be :ph34r:

They are made by Umerax, under licence to Beretta so they should be pretty good.

More reports/reviews would be nice.

Wasn't it Umerax that did one of the Colt Ar22s it was licensed by Colt. It looked pretty good until you pulled it apart the barrel was sleeved like a soft air gun. To the best of my knowledge the parts are not interchangeable with aftermarket acc.

Not sure about the AXR but I'd built by Umerax that would be a red flag for me .

I certainly would trade my 15-22 for one. How is being popular and highly customizable a bad thing ?

Edited by rep70

This is built by Umerax under licence to Beretta and I don`t think Beretta would put their name on the side of anything that`s C**p.

Who owns Colt now ?

About being over popular and over customised = high priced gun/part/accessories. Customised = you see one you see them all eventually, nothing new or exciting to try, admire, talk about.

A day at the range is just that, another day. :(

I think a venture capital group has owned Colt for years to the best of my knowledge. I was just giving you an example, and maybe something to consider based on a gun I had been around built by Umerax even though they used a reputable brand to build it under.

If you feel comfortable Beretta wouldn't allow a company to pay them big dollars to licenses the use of their name. Even though they don't have quality oversight. Maybe you have some information I don't.

I would value the performance of the way the gun shot over the novality of it. Then again I would rather shoot them more then look at or talk about them.

Great thing about shooting room for everyone. Good luck on the AXR

I've handled one but not shot it. Unless you really want a Starship Troopers rifle or something, stick with the M&P 15-22. It runs, takes AR furniture to an extent, it's not made by Umarex, and the factory mags are super nice.

Edited by thermobollocks

Rep70...not having a go at you personally, hope you don`t take it that way.

I have handled one and although there is a lot of plastic to it and its Starship Trooper looking, as mentioned here, it is supposed to be accurate and reliable, by those that have one.

The barrel is also solid, not sleeved, and you can remove and change the flash hider for a proper AR15 type.

1/2 x 28 thread I think.

It is easy to strip as well, not like all the other Umerax type.

Fold the butt, press down on the bolt screw,pull off trigger group, slide out bolt.

Its based on the Italian Army 5.56.

Thermobollocks

The USA people who have it like it, there are also YOUTUBE videos on stress tests firing 12,000 rounds, this beats any of the other Umerax types I reckon, not seen their vids.

Those that have shot it at the Shot shows rate it.

If you get the chance give it a go and let me know what you think.

We only have one dealer here in UK and I think he`s sold out so I haven`t had a chance to fire it, only handled it. I still want one when its back in stock.