Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question for May

benos

I logged on to see if Pat (or anyone else) got the hint , just before I headed out to the neighborhood pub for a last call Harp. Just before I posted, I noticed I would be the 1300th post! Wow, now that's some action. I should win a free something for that! How long has this forum been up and running anyway? (I could probably figure that out, but it's too late.)

Anyway, for any late-nighters, the very obvious hint is in the 9:00 PM post  -  "Incorrect, with 3 hrs to go..."

If anyone's still up, I'll check it when I return - I really want a winner!

You guys are such good sports - it's been fun.

I've got next months super-easy question ready to go... And, if anyone has a good question for the future, send it to me in the Message feature.

be

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The judges say: Nik is the winner!!!

Even though he slightly tainted his answer with the SWAG of 9 out of 12 stages; nevertheless, the percentage is correct - 75%.

As a virtual unknown (followed by a "not so hot on his heels" [yours truly] other virtual unknown) Rob Leatham busts onto the IPSC scene, demolishing everyone, winning 6 out of the 8 stages at the US National Championships. It was an incredible performance; although not a surprise to me - I knew if he could shoot at the Nats like he had been shooting locally all year, he would trash everybody.

Nik and Flex, thanks for hanging in there!

The hint was in the aforementioned post in the signature - "beee." Does anyone see a 75% there? (Pat, I know you were probably sleeping.)  

be

"beee"

turning my phone upside down, I saw 9333, which I turned into 93.33%

or...spelling out "beee" on the phones' keypad gave me a 2333 number.  I slapped a fifty in front of that one.  I am too burnt-out to see (or try to) the 75%.

Brain,

on a different note...is there any way we can get the typing box for these post to be bigger?

...and for figuring out the year and the shooter I don't even get a thank you...grrr...

Some people say I am petty and malicious, but I am just the opposite...malicious and petty. I am giving a workshop on Internet intrusion detection this weekend and I think I have found the site I want to use as an example for a denial of service hack...Can you spell ping, ping, ping....

Flex,

The 75% thing is one of those slightly absrtact mind puzzle things...

Unfortunately, no, there is no way to change the typing box size. You should be thankful it's as huge as it is :) Remember the old forum?

be

Ron,

Since you mentioned it - you're right - you should definitely receive one half a book. I don't know what got into me - I must have just been tooooo tired to function logically. Send me your address and I'll send it out. Oh, and which half do you want? :)

(Seriously, send me your address in the Message feature.)

be

I missed it all last night as I was working with Mike to get my computer functioning properly again. One of those nights. I uninstalled a program (Rogue Spear) but my comp. froze just as it started. When I went to finish uninstall after reboot I found I still had the program, the only file that got uninstalled was the uninstall file...lol. Then my internet access manager went down and it was a bad situation. Mike got her back up and running and after an all night Norton Optimize, it looks good again, but I missed out on all the fun :(

Pat

Ron,

Couldn't have done it without your help; Brian, I was going to order another book anyway and send you a donation on top of it, you get to decide when it arrives how you want to disburse the $.  I'd just be grateful for an autograph.