Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question for May

benos

I have read it several times Nik, I just wish I had this book 2 years ago when I started pistol shooting.

It looks like I need to Un-learn some bad habits I picked up like the thumb over thumb thing....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flexmoney:

I doubt if the answer resides on a Web server. Of course, after today it will reside on this one.

I spent about 45 minutes on the phone this morning with the USPSA office. I am trying to set up another club in Wyoming and arrange for a NROI class. In the course of the conversation I asked if USPSA had records archived. In particular, I asked for the total number of stages fired and the number of stages that Rob Leatham won in the 1983 USPSA Nationals. I explained that the event was of some historical significance because that year reflected the highest percentage... I also told the guys in the office that the question was on Brian's Website and a free book was at stake. They think it is a great question.

OK, here's what the USPSA guys told me. They found the box with the records in it on the second shelf from the top in the back room.  I told them to go no further than that because I am now satisfied.

Well Brian, my answer is Rob Leatham in 1983 and his percentage was better than everyone else, lol. How about a clean sweep at 100 per cent?

Ron and Flex,

Both percentage (guesses) are incorrect.

Flex,

Just curious, how did you come up with 56.25%?

be

Only hours left....

I promise, next months question will be easier :)

be

Brian,

I searched and searched for the answer.  Then it hit me.  I was fighting the answer.  I know how to answer questions...so I let my self just go to the answer.

The 56.25% was the most accurate answer that I was able to give at this time...

Not having any experience with big matches, I don't know how many stages there are.  So, I just used what I knew and made an educated guess.

I just need more education.

Hi Brian,

Does the question for the book always need to be about shooting???

If it does I understand (shooting book -- shooting forum).

I think the questions past and present have been way to hard, meaning  seasoned pros (who probably already have your book) are the only people who can answer your questions.

How about a question that us newbies can answer??(after all us newbies really need your book more than the seasoned pros).

No flames intended,

just a thought...

Brian,

I searched and searched for the answer.  Then it hit me.  I was fighting the answer.  I know how to answer questions...so I let my self just go to the answer.

The 56.25% was the most accurate answer that I was able to give at this time...

Not having any experience with big matches, I don't know how many stages there are.  So, I just used what I knew and made an educated guess.

I just need more education.