Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 Bianchi Cup results, as they happen

Resjudicata

I don't see where Grant or anyone has posted this yet. So, here is a link to the Green Valley Range's website where they post unofficial results daily. For those of us who couldn't go this year, at least we can see how all our friends are doing. Obviously, only Wednesday is up there as of now.

http://www.gvshoot.com/forums/index.php?/page/gvbianchicup

Good luck to everyone who was able to shoot this year. I wish I had been able to get there. :(

Chris

Doug threw an 8 at the 25 yard line on the mover. Kevin has won more than 50 regional titles in AP and has until now received little to no National recognition. He came in 2nd at the last 2 World matches, including the fiasco at Rockcastle last week, and has been all but ignored by the media. He came within .022" of winning it a few years ago when it took a 1918 to win the Cup. His "8" was so close that he challenged the score. The .40 caliber overlay they used made it into a "10" which would have won it if he'd been shooting that caliber. He shoots a 9x23 and that overlay said "no". The difference in caliber diameter from .356" to .400" is .044". divide it in half for radius and there you have it! Within .022" of winning it then.

We gave him Hell about the .022" ever since, and his dedication to practice and sheer will to win finally got him in the winner's circle. I went to the Cup with him on his first trip in 2000 to "show him the ropes" as it were, since I'd been before. He only shot an 1844-107x, coming in 7th in Expert Class and 93rd overall. His background in shooting to that point was Silhouette, so accuracy was his game from the start. Since he travels for a living maintaining automated weather systems across the eastern 2/3 of the country, he got to shoot at the various Regional & State Championship matches as far west as San Antonio, TX.

Over time as he improved, he began to win at these smaller venues, finally accumulating 2 boards with the Gold, Silver & Bronze Medals mounted on them that is impressive. He's worked long and hard to get to this point in his shooting career and has had a hard-core dedication to perfection. He even trained with Doug Koenig for a full day a few years back, and the most humorous tale he told of that day was how slow he was going prone. Doug finally told him: "Quit lollygagging and just get down there!" Guess it paid off in the long run.

Congratulations fella! You worked hard and it paid off. I can say "I knew you when".

Alan~^~

Edited by Alan550

What a surprise that Doug did not win, but congras to Kevin. What happen to Bruce?

450-45X Barricade. I would guess gun problems? Clean otherwise for Bruce!

Alan~^~

Edited by Alan550

Congratulations Kevin!!!! So extremely happy for you!!!!!

I cannot possible express the joy I feel to see Kevin finally win what he has so rightfully earned!! I could tell a mountain of stories about Kevin's effort, hard work, dedication to the sport and the extraordinary sportsmanship and friendship he has shown to other shooters!

I hope it tastes as sweet as you imagined!

Edited by Kimberkid

Congrats Kevin.... It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Kevin actually brought a spare mover dot all the way to Australia in 2006 so I could borrow it as my mover dot packed it in. I shot my first Bianchi Cup in 2006 and Kevin saw how out of my element I was and volunteered help and guidance. I am stoked it was him that took title and his hard work has paid off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks for all the well wishes. Sorry it took so long to get this post out but I can tell you, this past week has been a whirlwind to say the least.

Many thanks to my sponsors. Zero bullets, Mid South Shooters Supply, Predator Custom Shop and Safariland. Without their help, it would have been difficult for me to shoot this year.

It took 15 years but I finally reached my goal of a 1920 plaque. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that when I did it, I would win the Cup. Many thanks to the Kansas City bunch for catching me before I fell back into the creek when they told me I won.

The shooters in this sport are just phenominal. After finishing up on the mover, I wasn't quite sure how I did. I looked back at the crowd behind me and all I saw was everyone with their thumbs up. That image is burned into my memory and will not be forgotten any time soon.

During my speech, I asked the unclassified shooters to stand up. There were 64 of them this year. The most that I have seen in quite some time. I told them congradulations, you are now classified and members of the action pistol fraternity. This sport is unlike any of the shooting sports that I have tried. You are part of a family in this sport. We are all competitive but at the end of the day we'll give you the shirt off our backs to help you. Whether it be moral support, help with a gun problem or advice on helping them improve.

Because of this sport, I have friends from all over the world. I cherish that friendship and look forward to being with them any time I can. It was an honor to shoot with them over these past few weeks. I wish them safe travels home and can't wait to see them again.

Kevin

And that, folks, is the same speech he gave at the Banquet. Humble, unassuming, genuine,and thanked everyone in the room. In this day and age, it is so wonderful to see someone who has put in the effort, time, and blood/sweat/tears earn something like this and still be the humble nice guy that he is....

I am proud to call him a friend...

DougC

It's nice to see persistence and a lot of hard work meeting opportunity, congrats Kevin.

+ 1

I was very pleased to hear that Kevin won it. I haven't been around the sport for as long as others, so I didn't know the back story of his long journey. But Kevin always seemed like a nice guy both here and in person.