Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNH SC 1

Vipers

I just bought one. IMHO, it was worth the price, but I wouldn't pay more than $2300 or so. A lot of retailers are at $2400-2500, but guns america has some for under $2000 plus shipping. It's my first over under that I own, although I have shot a few. I got complements from the browning owners regarding the adjustable comb hardware. It locks solid. I am used to shooting Remington 1100's. I have 5 of em. The recoil is maybe just a little bit more than the 1100, but I can't really tell as it doesn't bother me. I'm about 350 rounds in with it and finally shot my first and second 25 straight registered ata targets. Couldn't ever run 25 straight in over 1300 singles targets shot at, until now... You won't be disappointed. Super easy to clean compared to a semiauto. I believe that the sc1 will do everything a comparable $3000 browning will do. The sc1's sister is the winchester 101 which should be close in price. The only difference I see is that the 101 has some really nice wood on it.

I think that was the model I got to play with at the FNH match a few years ago. looking it up, yeah it was. We didn't get to adjust it for us, but fit well enough, swung well, and did what it needed to and broke birds. I've never been a pro at sporting clays, but I do enjoy it. Was a really nice gun, but not nice enough to get me to sell my franchi. Doubles don't get the recoil absorption of the mechanism, but they do have the extra weight.

Thanks for the replies and info. I have found them for under $2k shipped so I'm happy with that price. I had an O/U before but it was a cheap one that wasn't fitted for me etc. I like that its ones with the comb already and not needing to add anything out the box. I am used to semis so I am sure there will be some learning and adjusting with it. Recoil should be interesting as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Recoil isn't much as the barrels are ported, and the gun is about 8lbs. The adjustable comb hardware is quality too. It locks really well. I just wish I was able to find the blue one at the time of purchase.

All I find around here are the blue ones, I would prefer a grey one, found a few on GB.

Recoil isn't much as the barrels are ported, and the gun is about 8lbs. The adjustable comb hardware is quality too. It locks really well. I just wish I was able to find the blue one at the time of purchase.

The gray ones are over the auction sites as well as the green ones. The blues are out of stock at most places, and the places that have them are asking well over $2000 plus shipping. Most likely, I'll save up for the blue one as my back up.

I think the winchester is a re-branded sc-1. Or Belgian browning... Fn makes the guns in Belgium. Not sure, but fn, browning, and winchester are all under the same company now. I couldn't find a brand new winchester 101 pigeon trap, so I opted for the sc-1 and like it because of the sporting stock that's adjustable. Fits me like a glove and shoots flat. I just don't like high shooting guns and winchester don't make an adjustable comb in their sporting model. Well, it's not in their new catalog anyway. The only issue I had so far in about a 1000 rds is that the two rear holes for the adjustable comb base plate came loose and the holes are stripped. A little wood dowels and some super glue and it's as good as new.

Nice looking shotguns. Very, Very, similar to the discontinued Winchester Select Energy which was also made in Belgium, I think they might be the same guns. Although they had problems with cracked forearms the Select Energy were a great value, especially when they closed them out for less than a grand, now the ones I see are closer to 2 grand.