Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI 2011 .40 10 round mags tight inserting

Rob01

Yes sir, those are the ones. I believe the SKU # was 033-001, picked mine up from Shooters Connection. I'm using them with the EZ-OFF baseplates (+300) and a Cameron's magwell and they seat with 10 in the mag. Still stiff, (mine are brand new mags), but not impossible to seat like before I switched followers. I haven't tried them live fire yet, but all fed fine when I hand cycled dummy rounds through them.

Forgot to add, another benefit, with my gun anyway, is that these Dawson followers didn't need any mods to keep the slide from locking back when empty. With the stock STI followers, the slide was getting hung up after the last round, not locked back, but not fully forward either. I was getting ready to take the edge off the follower when I read this thread. Saved me some work, thanks again, the info is much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Sorry for the old thread revival.  I am going through this issue setting up .40 10-rounders for my STI DVC Limited.  The stock followers/springs make it very difficult to get the 10th round in and almost impossible to seat on a closed slide. 

I picked up the Dawson 0.300" +0 basepads which are great.  Is there a better basepad retainer than the STI one with the star?  The hole diameter is larger than the star and basepads move around a bit. 

I also picked up the Dawson Competition STI Follower For 40 S&W/45 ACP based on this thread.  It's going to take a fiddling to get them to attach to the STI 10-round spring.  I didn't realize that this follower deactivated the slide stop.  Has anyone trimmed/modified the stock follower to allow seating 10-rounds on a closed slide?  I've had to trim all my S&W M&P 9/40 10-round mag followers.