Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking to start new USPSA Club- Gainesville Florida

dossauce

Most definitely! I will contact you this week! I will be have all the wheels spinning this week and we'll be ready to go. Just to confirm with everyone this USPSA match will REPLACE our monthly Steel Challenge match that the UF Pistol Team Hosts but ONLY for the next 3 months. After that we plan for Steel Challenge to return to its normal 1st Sunday and USPSA will then move to ANOTHER WEEKEND but we will still have a match! We're hoping to put on a great match and hope to keep ya'll coming back!

Thanks everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

The UF Pistol Team put on a very successful and safe first USPS match Sunday. Over thirty shooters were challenged with four great stages plus the ever popular Can You Count classifier. Kudos to both the UF team and the Gainesville Target Range for their continuing administrative, logistical and financial support for these matches.

MNBob helped setup on Saturday evening even though he'd not yet shot with the north central Florida gang before. On Sunday we rewarded him by providing his first experience shooting in the Sunshine State sauna. We gave him a break from the heat though by treating him to a f 15 minute frog strangler between the second and third stages. It's always nice to be able to use your scuba equipment at a USPSA match. He and about twenty others then had the joy of shooting the classifier while standing in three inches of tepid water. Watching at least three fast but foolish shooters do their personalized slip-n-slide act supplied the comic relief. Not on of them DQ'd to each shooter's credit!

I'm already looking forward to next month's match. The range will also host its first ever three gun match on June 21st. Now I just need to get my hands on one of those cool UF Pistol Team shooting shirts!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, that's great. Matches in Gainesville. I just went to my first out of town match on Saturday at St. Augustine. I live and shot in Tallahassee, but I have a bunch of relatives in Gainesville. It would be great if the two clubs could get together once a year for a Gator/Seminole shoot out.... We could have some serious fun with that!

Actually, my mug shot was taken at the NHRA Gator Nationals. Imagine. A pistol match and top fuel drag racing all on the same weekend. My "T" will be so high I'll have to take a cold shower. :)

Edited by Just4FunLP

Haha that sounds like an awesome idea! Feel free to send me the match directors information and maybe we can make it a bigger lv.2 match or something ;) Maybe involve a trophy to keep for the year and bragging rights? My mind is thinking of a lot of great ideas now!

Also as a side note, I am back from vacation finally and wanted to announce again that our next Gainesville USPSA match with be this weekend, Sunday July 6th. It is an all classifier match. 5 (maybeee 6) stages for $30! We want to see everyone out there and have fun and put some more classifiers under their belts!

Edited by dossauce

Haha that sounds like an awesome idea! Feel free to send me the match directors information and maybe we can make it a bigger lv.2 match or something ;) Maybe involve a trophy to keep for the year and bragging rights? My mind is thinking of a lot of great ideas now!

Also as a side note, I am back from vacation finally and wanted to announce again that our next Gainesville USPSA match with be this weekend, Sunday July 6th. It is an all classifier match. 5 (maybeee 6) stages for $30! We want to see everyone out there and have fun and put some more classifiers under their belts!

I'll be there with a few other folks :)