Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Years Resolutions Thread

Merlin Orr

First... You will notice I have posted this under the Humor banner as we all know what a JOKE a New Years Resolution is! But, as S. L. Jackson said in Pulp Fiction. (something like this?) "...But I'm trying - I'm trying real hard."

I will lose 30 pounds this year with a modification of my eating habits and regular exercise... all of you who remember my glorious posts about the Akin's Diet just keep quite...... ;)

I will quit smoking - again - and keep quit this time - or at least beat my previous record for quitting of 17 years.

I will work on my shitty attitude about my profession and either get my mind right or quit and do something else! NO more whining and boo hooing.

I WILL practice my dry firing with a fervor approaching fanaticism!

I will rebuild my gun range to new and larger dimensions - damn the gas well people!

I will try to be more tolerant of the stupid sons of bit$#*s who disagree with my most excellent views of how the world should be run! :P

Let's see...this year being a little more "eventful" than years past, I'll give it a go:

1 - Try to find a foster parent in the San Antonio area that wants to adopt an IPSC shooter that's finishing medical training at Ft. Sam (i.e. someone to hold my crap until the weekend).

2 - Acquire frames for friends and family in CA!

3 - Finish my training and when I deploy, work hard, stay alert, stay alive and come home in one piece.

4 - Be faithful to the woman that's taken hold of my heart and if all goes well, walk her down the aisle in the military wedding, she's always wanted. Hooah!

God Bless everyone to have a healthy, happy and safe New Year. Hope to see y'all on the range!

SPC Richard A. White

A-BTRY, 1/79th FA

Let's see...this year being a little more "eventful" than years past, I'll give it a go:

1 - Try to find a foster parent in the San Antonio area that wants to adopt an IPSC shooter that's finishing medical training at Ft. Sam (i.e. someone to hold my crap until the weekend).

2 - Acquire frames for friends and family in CA!

3 - Finish my training and when I deploy, work hard, stay alert, stay alive and come home in one piece.

4 - Be faithful to the woman that's taken hold of my heart and if all goes well, walk her down the aisle in the military wedding, she's always wanted. Hooah!

God Bless everyone to have a healthy, happy and safe New Year. Hope to see y'all on the range!

SPC Richard A. White

A-BTRY, 1/79th FA

i especially like #2, rich...remember us...

• 2 months later...
Looks like some nice digs!  Post a front shot - and - how big is that creek behind you and how high are you above it?

Naah.. then y'all could read the house numbers :D

The creek is about 20-30' across. The bottom (and typical water level 90% of the time) is about 15'-20' lower than the house.. which it seems is about a foot and a half into the FEMA "special-high-flood-risk-area" line :angry: Did I mention how much I love dealing with flood insurance people? This creek used to flood badly years ago, but the city has done a ton of flood control work since then (and the other side is the low side-- there used to be houses there before the last great flood.. this one survived fine)

It'll have to do until I get my own range.. :P

here's the end of the back yard on a "full" day.. :

creeksm.jpg