Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hitting Low

texasref

That was my initial thought. Went from 3.2 grns of titegroup (135 pf) to this due to powder shortage.

This was actually the same load I used for 125 grn rn bullets, so I thought I was there.

Also the oal is 1.16 (feeds fine) and cycles the XDm with a 16 lb. spring.

Adjustable rear sight works wonders when switching between powders. A couple clicks up or down puts me back on, if thats not an option just give it a little more front sight until you can get your favorite powder back in stock...

This is weird. Generally slower moving bullets will hit HIGHER on the target at moderate ranges because they spend more time in the barrel and thus recoil forces lifting the gun have more time to act on them and they shoot higher than faster bullet loadings in the same gun. Of course, if they are just barely exiting the gun, and you are shooting at a say 50 yards or so, then they will indeed be lower because now gravity can affect them more over time as they are moving slow. So... it depends on the distance. Perhaps the 147s are actually going faster? Did you chrono these?

But like Rick88 says, adjustable sights are lovely things to have if you change loads all the time like most of us who reload do.