Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris XTR II 1-5

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Targets are rarely at 1/2/3/400 etc exactly so you chrono and zero where you feel the drops line up best for you (Strelok is great for this) and learn holds from there

That depends on the match. I have been to matches where their long range stages were almost exactly 100 200 300 400 500.

Pat

So picked up the Burris 1-5 mil-CQB at RM3G last year and a Burris 1.5-8 DFP:MOA BDC at He-Man this year, I have them both zero'd for my 20" JP. Honestly I don't know which one I like more, They both feel about he the same weight with the 1.5-8 being several inches longer, (reminds me of those old western sniper rifles). If it was just a berm style match the 1-5 is a no brainer, but field matches man it would be tough. I'll be shooting Tac-OPs at FB3G this year and looking at my past shooting diary about the match, there were only 5 paper targets that where inside of 50.

The DFP tech is really cool. But what I like more about the 1.5-8 over the 1-5 is the fact that when you turn the power off the 3/4 Donut actually disappears from the reticle, unlike the 1-5 where it just turns black. I don't believe I would dial the scope past 5-6 its a nice option to have. specially on stage 8 where they had the Black ABC zone targets stuck in the green trees at 300 yards.. I don't think anyone in Limited was able to see those targets lol.

Edited by DocMedic