Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris XTR II 1-5

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only spent a few minutes behind mine at the range, but so far I am impressed.

"clicks" seem to track well ( will box test next week)

Daylight bright is an understatement!

While exposed... the turrets are low profile and offer very positive clicks.

I have only spent a few minutes behind mine at the range, but so far I am impressed.

So what, maybe only 500 rounds or so...I've seen that trigger finger in action. :)

Mtac SwitchView fits perfect.

Which one, they list two, 1-4 or 1-6? power ring 1.76 or 1.80?

I took the one off the MTAC 1-4 and put it directly on the XTRII 1-5. I have one in the package on the bench and I can check tonight if you want.

Edited by MarkCO

Is it me, or are the specs for this saying it has an exit pupil thats like half the size of a Vortex or a Meopta. How is that working out in practice for the folks that have tried it?

This optic is amazing...my wife is getting jealous about how I gave into it. :)

Anyway, I have never heard of this company, but they have a SMOKIN deal on it: http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=201001&gclid=Cj0KEQjwur2eBRDtvMS0gIuS-dYBEiQANBPMR4_B6xifTbkNeanR-dxIJHTFd5hvS_Ydi0Mh2s9zuHgaAidA8P8HAQ

This company has some mixed reviews, so do your research.

Edited by MarkCO

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at this scope, & trying to decide between the BDC or the CQ reticle. I currently have the XTR 1-4 with the BDC. I have no experience with mil reticle scopes. I noticed the CQ reticle has numbers down the vertical axis. Do they correspond to distance like the BDC?

I ran this scope for the Rocky Mountain 3Gun World Championship and found that it did the job well for me. I have the BDC reticle setup with a 250 yard zero and could hold the main dot dead on for 250 targets, a tad high for targets out to 330 or so and then use the second large dot for 400 yard targets. I found the reticle didn't confuse me or cause mental errors, it worked just great.

• 1 month later...

I got this scope in June, 4 matches and a bunch of practice latter the illuminated reticle failed during a stage today. Flashed on and off a few times then went out completely. Tried a known good battery and nothing. I am sure Burris will make it right but it is a little disappointing.

For the intended use, I can't understand why Burris would have said "let's use exposed turrets." I'm not real familiar with a zero stop, but it's only beneficial AFTER you realize your elevation adjustment has turned, correct?

Correct. Its a great feature on long range optics but of dubious value on a low power variable for three gun in my opinion. Nothing wrong with it I guess but no real help either unless you plan on dialing on a stage which I wish all my competitors would do. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys - It's been good to read what you have to say about the new XTR II. I picked up a certificate on the prize table at the Generation III Gun match for $500 off of one of the 1-5s. I wrote a check for the difference and redeemed it for the model with the BDC reticle. I figured that was more my speed.

I need to get a mount for it. Seems like it wants a little more eye relief, so I'm looking at the LaRue SPR-E mount like I have on another scope. Are you guys mounting yours a little farther forward?