Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

October

benos

I'm hoping not even trivia master, Brian H.

Since The Great One just accomplished one of his final goals - winning the World Championships with both Open and Stock-type blasters... Describe or name three different events in The Great One's career that resulted in knee surgery to get back to kicking butt again.

Questioner's comment: One's easy, one might be an easy guess, but number three may baffle even the expert of guessers. Besides, it's boring of someone gets it to quickly, right? It's a fun answer anyway...

be

There's not anything even specific enough here to respond to. OK, let's establish a few more rules for this one. "If" it was a match, you have to at least provide the date and location. If it was "something else" then you just have to describe the event. And since I'm betting it will come down to a guessing game regarding #3, (meaning the other two answers will be posted), whoever gets number #3 is the winner.

All right, we have 1. Blowing out his knee playing basketball.  2.  Blew out a knee during a big match --- but I have no clue where or when.  Flex? Research meister?  3.  Brian, did Mr. Leatham stick the landing and receive style points when he jumped off the roof of a house, presently or once upon a time, owned by you?  Did anyone else join him in jumping off the roof?  If so, who won the competition?  Did any of the other parties involved get injured?  How much alcohol was consumed before someone decided this would be a good idea?  Enquiring minds want to know....

Crap!

old shooter was correct about the World Match... But Nik, how the hell did you get the roof jumping thing?! Yes, he blew his knee out jumping off my roof, after a re-roofing party, long ago at a house I owned in Mesa. And, I think he was the only one stupid enough to make that jump. (And there was no alcohol involved.)

Send me your shipping info Nik!

be

I was shooting a local match and chatting with Dave Olhasso yesterday.  We were talking about the physical abilities required to shoot well and he mentioned that Robbie is the oldest and best shooter out there.  While we were discussing this further, he mentioned that Robbie had even jumped off Brian's roof.  Talk about a fortuitous time to hear that story ----- Dave apparently heard it from Robbie at one of the Nationals in the last few years.

I seem to remember winning a book last year.  I would have never gotten the World Shoot, so I'm thinking I'll defer to Old Shooter, who should contact you with his info.  Old Shooter, if you already have the book, consider asking our host if Slide-Glide is still an alternative prize.  It's the sh*t for top end lubrication.

• 2 weeks later...

The World Shoot story is pretty cool. I got this from an article/interview with Ross Seyfried, who was the American team's coach for that match. Let's see if I can remember this correctly: Robbie blows out his knee with one stage left. Some other team members are asking Seyfried to replace Robbie with Bill Wilson who's a reserve because they really want America to be the world championship team and they're worried about blowing it if Robbie runs the last stage on one good leg. Seyfried says, and I paraphrase "Some people were thinking I didn't want to do that because I didn't like Bill Wilson, which is totally wrong. At that point in time I didn't even know Bill Wilson; all I knew was he was a good shooter. But I also knew there was something really special about this Leatham kid. There was one field course to go, so I asked him, 'Can you run?' He says, 'No way, man.' I ask him, "Can you WALK?' 'Not far.' So I kept him in and let him run the course. I felt EXTREMELY vindicated when, not only did we win the team title, but Robbie was World Champion."