Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Time again to stock up on bullets. Best place?

StarvinPilgrim

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a little digging last night since I want another case of bullets for my open gun. Unless I am missing something major, extreme 115 HP are only a few bucks cheaper than MG 115 JHP when bought in case quantity. MG $380 ship free. EXTREME $368 plus shipping

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at prices for my needs and I've found that it really depends on what you are shooting.

For 230gn .45 Zero FMJ from Powder Valley are the best deal in a qty of 2000. They are just ever slightly more expensive than the Blue Bullets, but for FMJ, it is a great deal.

For 180gn .40 S&W from Blue Bullets in the Medium Flat Rate box.

For 124gn 9mm from Blue Bullets in the Medium Flat rate box.

I've looked into Bayou and other places but when you add shipping on top of bullet cost, they start to become more expensive.

You need to get the big boxes that in general run ~$225+ in order to get best pricing. Extreme is sometimes an option with their free shipping and ever changing prices, but the ever changing prices can also make them more expensive. Wish they also offered more bulk than just 500/box.

All that said, pricing could change tomorrow and I'd be running all the numbers again.

• 7 months later...

I highly recommend black bullets international have shot alot of them and had absolutely no issues. Chandler is a great guy! !

Precision Bullets a black coated, don't have the useless lube groove, and are cheaper.

For my Limited gun I use Bear Creek. They are made about 1 hour 15 min from where I live. If I go there, pick up and pay cash, I receive dealer pricing. I usually pick up 10,000 plus when buying. They work very well for me. For the open 9mm pistol, I use Montana Gold 115 cmj's