JPG

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DA Belt - Stiffest belt on the market

6x DA Racer pouches bullet forward - They felt smoother then the metal version and 2x the cost didn't make sense to have metal "racer" pouches

BOSS Holster and hanger - I used to use a Comptac International with belt offset but if I didnt get my draw just right it would bind. That is never a problem with the BOSS, plus Ben S. uses it so it has to be cool :goof:

question for you guys that use the DAA belt, how is this better than the CR Speed belt?

The DAA uses a soft inner belt and a stiff outer belt. The CR Speed does the opposite. Really still inner belt and a less still outer. The rigidity of the system comes from the outer belt when your gun and mags are mounted.

question for you guys that use the DAA belt, how is this better than the CR Speed belt?

Stiffer and seems to be better built. I shot with mine in limited most of last year and it still feels new. I shot with a cr speed for 1 full year and it was already losing material, the stitching was coming off on the outer belt and the inside was coming off of the belt. So far I have not had any issues of this happening to my DAA. The only thing on the DAA is I have to make sure to get it snug on me when wrapping it around myself due to the stiffness of it.

The DAA uses a soft inner belt and a stiff outer belt. The CR Speed does the opposite. Really still inner belt and a less still outer. The rigidity of the system comes from the outer belt when your gun and mags are mounted.

you sure about that, both of my CR Speed belts have a soft inner Velcro belt and a rigid outer belt

you sure about that, both of my CR Speed belts have a soft inner Velcro belt and a rigid outer belt

Maybe I'm thinking of a different brand. I'm positive on the DAA. I haven't handled a CR in many years.

I have both the DAA and the CR belts. Both use the soft/flexible inner belt and a rigid/stiff outer belt. The inner belts are about the same but the DAA outer belt is a "tiny" bit stiffer than the CR speed outer belt. Either is fine, but I've also found that my CR belts have held up a bit better than my DAA belts over time... It seems there's a bit more quality in the stitching of the CR belt.

With that said, I have no preference between the two belts... they're about the same.

I have both the DAA and the CR belts. Both use the soft/flexible inner belt and a rigid/stiff outer belt. The inner belts are about the same but the DAA outer belt is a "tiny" bit stiffer than the CR speed outer belt. Either is fine, but I've also found that my CR belts have held up a bit better than my DAA belts over time... It seems there's a bit more quality in the stitching of the CR belt.

With that said, I have no preference between the two belts... they're about the same.

I had the exact opposite experience. My CR Speed belt started fraying from putting my gear on it, dry firing, and shooting a hand full of matches. My DAA looks brand new after about a year of use.

I had the exact opposite experience. My CR Speed belt started fraying from putting my gear on it, dry firing, and shooting a hand full of matches. My DAA looks brand new after about a year of use.

Yeah, I figured as much. The build quality of both belts seems to be about the same but I suppose I just got a lucky draw on my CR belts. I should quantify that I have two kids that also shoot USPSA so I've ended up with a few of each brand of belt. I have one DAA belt that had some pretty bad stitching on it and lost quite a bit of Velcro in the first few weeks. Again, not a big enough deal to complain about.

My latest belt is a CR speed belt. The reason I went with CR Belt is that I grabbed a certificate for a free one off of a prize table at a match. Free belts are definitely the best kind of belts :)

DAA Belt and pouches: because that's what I was told to get when I first started and I didn't know anything(worked out I like them). I run the pouches bullets forward but I like that I can run them bullets out if I change my mind

BOSS holster: because they were sold out of the DAA PDR Pro at the stoeger shop and i didn't want to wait to ship from Europe. I like it just as good if not better than the pdr I had for my glock before I switched to the shadow.

CZC plated mags mainly because they don't rust like my stock mags did

147 GN FP Blue bullets

Edited by g17drumr

I have to disagree with the other guys. I've held my DAA and my CR speed hi torque belts side by side and my own opinion:

the CR belt has a much better constructed inner. the DAA is just flat material stitched and then the excess trimmed off the edges. The CR was properly edge stitched.

Yes the CR inner is a little stronger which is a good thing. No point having a great outer if it's hanging off a droppy inner.

The DAA seems a little stiffer in that it's harder to make into a circle. however the CR seems stiffer in the torsional rigidity which to me is more important (stops gear sagging).

both have velcro of about equal quality and strength.

The finishing on the CR belt is definitely a step up from the DAA.

There is a second CR belt called the super hi-torque DELUXE which I like even better again. It has a slightly thicker and stiffer outer which holds gear very nicely. it also has nice colour stitching which is great for the fashion conscious... lol.

If anyone is really interested I can post pics of the DAA and CR belts side by side.

BTW I'm a massive DAA fan. I have had probably 4 DAA race master holsters (tanfoglio branded one with old hanger, regular one with new hanger, 2 of the magnetic insert models with the muzzle platform hole and new hanger), I have 2 rigs setup with DAA pouches (one set race masters and one set racers) but both are on CR belts. I used my DAA belt for a little but in the end sold it to a mate and bought a third CR belt.

agree! That's my experience also and not just a one off. now had 4 CR belts over time (one of the old original hi torques, 1 current model hi-torque and 2 of the HT deluxe) and 2 DAA belts.

safariland ELS competition belt system with CR Speed mag pouches ...

one belt for everything (USPSA, Steel Challenge, 3-gun) Production, Open & Tac Ops.

Everything is connected to the belt via the ELS 34/35 clips/receivers. Change gear in seconds and everything is always in exactly the same place, no thinking required - slickest system out there ...

• 2 months later...

ACCU

Boss Holster and hanger

DAA belt

Ghost 360 pouches bullets forward

Springer Precision basepads

Blue 147 RN bullets

Update:

DAA Race Master pouches bullets out

Blue Bullets 125 RN

Shockbottle base pads

• 1 month later...

I was running:

CR Speed belt

Blade tech Holster w/ Boss hanger

Ready Tactical Mag pouches

125 TCP Ranier bullets

I've switched to:

DAA Competition Belt

Bladetech holster w/ BOSS hanger

Ready tactical mag pouches (Until I can dry fire in my Ghost 360's)

Blue Bullet 125gr RN

I felt I was having issues with my CR Speed belt not supporting my gear as much as I'd have liked. My right leg was sore after every match because the belt would twist a little and allow the Boss hanger to rest on my thigh.....took me a bit to figure out why I had a sore spot on my leg all of the sudden. Honestly thought it was the BOSS because thats all I had changed.

I had heard the DAA Competiton belt was the stiffest out there so I ordered one to give it a try. I'm not sure if you guys that said the CR speed and the DAA are about the same were running the DAA Pro model or the Competition model, but I can say the competition model vs CR Speed is night and day different. The DAA belt is SUPER stiff. I don't get that sideways twist with the BOSS hanger now and my leg isnt sore...and my belt does not move on draws and reloads, where as with the CR speed I'd get a little twist on it.

A testament to how stiff this belt is......I forgot my inner belt at the last match I shot and no one had a spare....so I laced this belt through the front 2 belt loops and the MD said good enough....the belt was strong enough without the inner belt to grip on to that I was able to shoot the match with no issues whatsoever.

When it comes to belts I think its a preference thing and I really like the CR Speeds, but this DAA is perfect for the way I like my belt to feel and it is ROCK solid with all my gear on it.

I'm running Ghost Stinger with Black Scorpion Mag Pouches X5 and Black Scorpion Belt. I'm thinking about trying out Ghost bullet out pouches though and I'd like to check out the Boss hanger but Ghost seems to be the only competition holster maker that stocks a decent selection for lefty's. I may end up just buying a hanger and fitting one of my Stinger pouches to it.

Accu with SSI Scale grips

CR Speed belt

BSPS BOSS with Bladetech

DAA Racer pouches (bullets out)

Mec-Gar 17 AFC's with Springer Precision basepads

Accubelt.jpg

Nice looking rig! How do you like the Springer pads? Does the additional weight of the pads speed up the mags dropping out of the mag well?

Nice looking rig! How do you like the Springer pads? Does the additional weight of the pads speed up the mags dropping out of the mag well?

I am liking them. They do provide a bit more weight so the mags are dropping a bit cleaner. And I could get them in blue!

Jon